cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments stripped

Firepig
Dabbler

Attachments stripped

My father and I are both Plusnet customers, thought I use Office 365 for email because of lack of security on Plusnet email. Something strange is happening - all emails he receives from me have the attachments stripped off. He receives attachments from other people, and other people receive attachments I send them.

This is not the known problem with Outlook converting attachments to gibberish sending in RTF format - I send all my emails in HTML format, but I have also tried sending as plain text, to no avail. I am sending from desktop Outlook 2016 via the Office 365 for Business servers. He receives his email in GMail app on Android and on Windows Live Mail on his Windows 10 PC, and the attachments are not visible on either, and are not present if the message is forwarded.

I'm mystified.

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Attachments stripped

Can I use ensure I clearly understand the context here...

• You are not sending via Plusnet Email services (relay.plus.net)?
  • Your father is not receiving via Plusnet email services?

If the answer to BOTH of the above is "No" then this query might be better placed under another board as this problem is not related to Plusnet email services.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Firepig
Dabbler

Re: Attachments stripped

@Townman wrote:

Can I use ensure I clearly understand the context here...

• You are not sending via Plusnet Email services (relay.plus.net)?
  • Your father is not receiving via Plusnet email services?

If the answer to BOTH of the above is "No" then this query might be better placed under another board as this problem is not related to Plusnet email services.

My father is using his Plusnet email service to receive his email. His messages from me arrive with no attachments. I am using Plusnet broadband but sending with Office 365 for Business.