cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments being converted to Microsoft works

TJBrentor
Grafter

Attachments being converted to Microsoft works

Recently any documents which were sent as an MS Word document have been arriving in my inbox (Windows Live Mail 2011) as Microsoft works documents.  I can't find a reason why.  How can I stop this happening?
4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Attachments being converted to Microsoft works

Save one of the documents to your desktop
Right click and "open with" (or choose default program)
Choose Microsoft Word and tick the "remember" or "use this for all this type of document"
Above may be a little incorrect as I'm typing this from memory but you should get the general idea.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A bit more information please
Do the documents have an extension showing - you may need to change the folder view options to see it - as a Works document has a wps and a Word document has doc or docx
Are they sent as an attachment or embedded in the email
TJBrentor
Grafter

Oldjim:  Two attachments received this morning - both attachments, not embedded.  First arrived as a word document - docx, second came as a works document (from a firm of solicitors and all previous documents have been word).  Maybe it started life as an older version of word (doc and not docx)?Huh
DomS:  have followed you advice - in the open with option you can "choose default programme".  Default was showing as word but I clicked and confrimed again.  That seems to have sorted it as all previous works attachements in my inbox now appear as word documents.
Thanks for your replies
Tim
picbits
Rising Star

Excellent - sometimes Windows just gets a little confuddled and needs a helping hand Smiley