Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments Archived Off imap.plus.net?

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Attachments Archived Off imap.plus.net?

Just noticed this on a mail I got today. I've seen it older mails sometimes but not straight away before. Was a PDF, Word & Excel doc. I just wondered whether this is something new or whether I need to do some housekeeping on my IMAP account? I don't want to start losing stuff.

"Email Attachments
To reduce message size, the attachments on this email have been made available for download. If you experience difficulties opening an attachment, please select the option to "Save" the file to your Desktop and then open the file from there.
Attachments:"
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Attachments Archived Off imap.plus.net?

I've never seen that happen with emails to me, some of which have contained quite large attachments. How large are the files you received?
Are you sure this hasn't been done by your email client? Which client do you use?
David
David
decomplexity
Rising Star

Looks like something done at the sending end.  It's a sensible way of sending files to a large distribution list.
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Yep, sorry for confusion, upon further examining the mail the company sending it out were basically hosting the 3 files via clickable links rather than sending them out as attachments individually to all on the mailing list.