Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked to switch to mail only account, but account got deleted instead

FIXED
Cagem
Dabbler

Asked to switch to mail only account, but account got deleted instead

I have just switched broadband from Plusnet but arranged with Customer Services last week to keep an email only account.  Today was broadband changeover day and I lost the ability to send or recieve emails around midday.  Customer Services now tell me the account has been deleted and they believe there is nothing they can do.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

16 REPLIES 16
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Asked to switch to mail only account, but account got deleted instead

HI @Cagem,

Sorted, you now have a mail only account. Just an FYI any mailboxes that you had will need to be reset back up again to be usable (we're unable to do this for you I'm afraid).

You can do this logging into the Member Centre clicking on Manage my Email and then Mailboxes. You can add the mailboxes back on this screen and it takes about half an hour to build. 

If you're still having problems after this then let us know. 

Cagem
Dabbler

Hi Jolo

Thanks, I have  set up the mailboxes and waited more than half an hour but we're still not able to send or receive.

Andrew

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Hi Andrew.

Sorry that you've had your account closed instead of downgraded

I've checked things this side and everything looks OK now. Assuming you're using a mail client, are you able to try to access your email via webmail.plus.net letting us know how it goes?

Once you're in, if you notice any emails that are gone which you want back, let us know and we'll raise a task with our network engineers to try to restore them for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cagem
Dabbler

I'm not able to send emails from webmail either but the mIlboxes appear to be set up correctly.

Cagem
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf 

We have no emails after about 1200 today apart from a couple from Plusnet telling me that the account had been set up.

Regards 

Andrew 

Cagem
Dabbler

From the mail client, the error message is Sender address was rejected by the server.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andrew, that's odd. Are you able to receive emails through webmail, and do you receive any particular bounce back messages when trying to send?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cagem
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

From Webmail, the message is 'Your message has not been sent.Do you want to discard it?

Regards

Andrew 

Cagem
Dabbler

Sorry, I should have added that we are not receiving any additional mail through webmail.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hmm I've checked this and we can see mail received from 2 hours ago. 

I've refreshed your mailboxes, could you try again in around 30 minutes?

If you're still unable to send and/or receive, please let us know which mailboxes by replying to this ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=187319340 and we'll raise a task with our network operational engineers.

Drop us a reply over here if you do reply and we'll pick that up as soon as we can.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cagem
Dabbler

Thanks. I have provided more details in the ticket. 

I should probably have added that trying to send an email from my Plusnet account using a mail client gives me a reply stating: Domain of sender address <xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.plus.com> does not exist. 

Regards

Andrew

Cagem
Dabbler

Update:

Things seem to be improving and I have updated the ticket.

I am still not able to send emails using webmail, but seem to be able to send using a mail client.  Webmail gives a popup with 'Your message has not been sent. Do you want to discard it?'

Some emails arrived overnight and I was able to send an email from my Gmail to Plusnet address earlier.  Office 365 was reporting that the domain did not exist at 0934 this morning but emails sent at 0943 and later got through.

Regards
Andrew

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Cagem,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that things are starting to improve and that some of your emails have arrived. Please allow another 24 hours for things to settle down and let us know if you are still unable to send emails via webmail or if you've not received all of your emails.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Cagem
Dabbler

Hi Emily

Although I found I was able to send via webmail yesterday afternoon, I no longer can.  Apart from that, as far as we can tell we can send and receive fine via mail clients.

Regards

Andrew