cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there problems with Email? Can't login to webmail or connect to POP or IMAP

lorisarvendu
Grafter

Are there problems with Email? Can't login to webmail or connect to POP or IMAP

I'm running Outlook 2003 and unable to connect to either mail.force9.net or imap.force9.net.  Also can't login to webmail - just returns me to the login screen with empty password.
Nothing on Service Status.  
Oh, outgoing works fine (relay.force9.net)
A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.
7 REPLIES 7
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Are there problems with Email? Can't login to webmail or connect to POP or IMAP

I'm seeing some issues too. So it's not just you (oh and I'm on free-online).
That's RPM to you!!
Tony_W
Grafter

Re: Are there problems with Email? Can't login to webmail or connect to POP or IMAP

yup definitely down.
Kati
Grafter

Same problem here. Can go online, can send e mail but cannot receive. Connection Doctor (Mac Mail) just shows the POP thingy spinning and then a message saying the port 110 timed out. Tried to use the online help and it more or less told me to sort it myself. Fine if you're a techie but not so fine if you're not. Nothing on the service status regarding e mail problems.
Kati
Grafter

Suddenly sprung back into action - receiving mail now. Lets hope it lasts and that next time Plusnet update the service status so at least we know they are aware of a problem.
lorisarvendu
Grafter

Ah yes. Bingo!
A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.
Tony_W
Grafter

OK now.
Kati
Grafter

What now???? Suddenly got a load of old e mails coming into my inbox some of which are several weeks old and I deleted from the server. What is happening with Plusnet e mail? No mention of problems but clearly there is something going wrong. Fess up guys, and fix it!