cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

I understand the urgency but if we haven’t archived your mail then there’d be nothing for us to unarchive. 

Try accessing your emails through basic webmail > https://webmail.plus.net/squirrelmail/src/login.php

We’re aware of performance issues with webmail, one of which means that when a mailbox is rather large, mail can seemingly disappear but in reality it’s still there. 

Basic webmail seems to alleviate these issues so you may find your mail is still there if you log in that way.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jojobailey
Dabbler

Emails are still not in my inbox even if I use the basic webmail. It can be no coincidence they disappeared when I had an email from you to sort them through.  When I had tried to delete some they wouldnt move and just went grey.  Then after a period everything disappeared that was in the general inbox. Please sort

gransha
Hooked

Hi,

My mailbox has been archived again.  Can you unarchive it please? jim@

thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

@jojobailey, I hear what you're saying but if we've not archived them then we've got nothing to unarchive. Would you be able to go to Settings in webmail, then click the Folders tab and make sure all the folders are ticked? I'm thinking that some folders with your mail may have been hidden from view somehow. Let me know how it goes.

@gransha, have you received an e-mail to suggest we've archived them? From what I can see the last e-mail we sent regarding this was Thursday 10/03/22 01:29, but we unarchived on 14/Mar/22 10:32.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jojobailey
Dabbler

I have looked in every folder and they are not in those - they have totally disappeared

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to us @jojobailey and for confirming. I'm really sorry for the issues you're having viewing your mail.

If not done so already, have you tried amending the sort column on the inbox to see if this brings up any mail?

Have you recently changed any of the settings on your webmail such as asking it to delete mail of a certain age etc?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
jojobailey
Dabbler

New messages are being received without a problem - its just the older messages that were still in my main inbox and not in specific folders that have disappeared at the same time as I had the warning from you.  No settings were changed.

Grayscale

Hi Paul. I need to request for my mailboxes to be unarchived. I made a call on March 1st 2022 and was told it would happen after 24hours. We're now at the 18th and nothing has come back. The tkt number I was given is 222 422 139.

Please can you help.

joe80
Hooked

Hi can you please restore my archived emails 

thank you 

joe 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @joe80

It doesn't appear that your mailbox has been archived just yet. When it is, you'll receive an email advising you that this is the case. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Grayscale

Still waiting for some sort of reply to my request from Friday 18/03/22. I'm getting very anxious about losing important work emails. I need them to be unarchived. Please can somebody respond asap. Thank you.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @Grayscale

@Gandalf raised the task to have your emailed unarchived this morning. Our NetOps Team haven't picked this up yet, but should do within the next 3-5 working days. Smiley 

Adam
joe80
Hooked

Thank you

I was notified a couple of months ago that my inbox capacity had been exceeded and they would be takign action. 

All my old emails have disappeared and I only see new emails arriving. 

I thought that must mean they had been archived -

Is there something I can do to get sight of the emails and save those I need to save?  

Any thoughts? 

thank you

(Helpdesk have not been able to tell me what to do, and I'm not techie minded)

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @joe80, thanks a lot for getting back in touch. In all honesty, based on what you've said, it does appear that your emails have been archived, the email stating this has not been sent though. Either way, I've just raised the issue with our NetOps Team to investigate whether they've been archived, and if found to be, to have them restored. 

If they are restored, please take the steps outlined in the emails we've been sending you to clear up some space to avoid this happening again. Smiley 

Adam
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi @Grayscale 

From what I can see we've restored your mail yesterday afternoon for you. I'm really sorry for the long delay there.

Let me know if you need any further help. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet