cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Thanks for getting back tot me @LoneBee

Sounds like there may be an issue with Outlook.

Have you tried deleting the e-mail account from there and re-adding it?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sid3

Thanks for the quick reply, yes i have had a messege to say that my emails have been archived due to not accessing them for 90 days. There was a link in it but it just kept loading the page.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the confirmation @Sid3

Can you private message me the contents of the e-mail so I can raise a NetOps task to restore your mailbox? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@MPaget wrote:

All of my emails disappeared last Thursday, I think without warning.  I assume they have been archived.  Please restore them.  I have two Plusnet accounts.  Please restore the emails (including sent) on the account MP...(not the inactive account ending ...42).

I think I must have exceeded the size limit.  I recently moved my POP3 emails (including sent) to IMAP.

Thank you.

@Gandalf nudge for #397!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the heads up @Townman.

@MPaget wrote:

All of my emails disappeared last Thursday, I think without warning.  I assume they have been archived.  Please restore them.  I have two Plusnet accounts.  Please restore the emails (including sent) on the account MP...(not the inactive account ending ...42).

I think I must have exceeded the size limit.  I recently moved my POP3 emails (including sent) to IMAP.

Thank you.

Thanks for your post @MPaget and apologies we've missed this.

I can confirm we've archived your e-mails last Thursday, so I've raised a NetOps task to restore them, which should be picked up within the next 3 working days your mail dropped back down to you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I did delete and recreate the "I**C" mailbox in Outlook 2016, no further messages appeared, apart from new ones today.

I just received another email from plusnet today about mailbox capacity with the capacity of the "I**C" mailbox being the issue. i have had a look via webmail and it is showing that there are over 51,000 messages in my deleted messages folder but none are showing in the vewing pane and the "empty" option is greyed out.

They seem to be stuck on the server and not downloading onto any device.

I am not sure what to do next

Lone

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @LoneBee

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues sorting out your e-mails. 

Could you try Basic Webmail (also known as Squirrel Mail) Here as this may be better?

Also, if it's any help I can arrange for your e-mails to be deleted from the server in bulk though it'd be anything older than a certain date as we wouldn't be able to pick and choose what we'd delete. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi and thanks,

Signing into "squirrel mail" seems to have released the backlog of deleted mail (mostly mail from before mid-February 2016) which then downloaded onto phone and Outlook. It also became viewable in the newer webmail. I have now deleted from outlook, apple mail and webmail so hopefully the mailbox size will be back to an acceptable size. It was stated to be 4876.884 MB in yesterdays email from plusnet. If that could be confirmed that would be appreciated.

Regards

Lone

MPaget

Thank you, @Gandalf  for restoring my inbox and sent folders.  I have now moved almost all of the sent messages to a local folder in Thunderbird, but when I look at webmail they are still listed and counted - but greyed out.  I can't find out the current size of the sent folder, because I get a server error when I try.  Do I need to do anything else?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @LoneBee

I'm glad to see you've managed to clear your e-mails down.

I can't manually generate those usage figures, but you should be able to see the size of each folder through webmail.

You'd go through these steps: Settings > Folders > click each folder in turn > Information > Click to get folder size

Thanks for getting back to me @MPaget

Try using basic webmail Here as this may work better for you as well.

Let me know how it goes

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nickydoc

Can I get our mailbox checked please as all of the e-mails and folders have disappeared from it and we have not received any notification that it was over the limit. 

Thank you very much

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your post @nickydoc and welcome to our Community Forums.

From what I can see we've been sending you regular e-mails about your mailbox being over the limit, mainly the default mailbox. I've arranged for our NetOps team to unarchive those e-mails, which should be done within 3 working days. 

Once you've got your e-mails back, could you have a look in all folders for those notifications and also do a bit of house keeping to make sure all your mailboxes are under the total of 1GB?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@nickydoc wrote:

Can I get our mailbox checked please as all of the e-mails and folders have disappeared from it and we have not received any notification that it was over the limit. 

Many users do not monitor the default mailbox to where all service notices are sent.  Check your account settings in the user portal, where you can specify your preferred address for service notices.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nickydoc

Oh Ok thanks for that. I thought those emails were spam and ingnored them.

JD2

Please could you recover my archived messages? Thank you.