cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

@LoneBee wrote:

... the server name on the certificate not matching the server name on the account, in my case the server on the certificate is mail.plus.net and the pop server on my email account is pop3.plus.net.

I don't seem to be able to edit the name on the certificate, as recommended in some Microsoft communities ...

Is this an issue you are familiar with and do you know of a possible fix. The warning comes up every time I launch Outlook and also when I send mail; maybe an outgoing server issue?

Any advice would be welcomed

Do not presume that either Outlook's guess work or Microsoft Community advice is correct.

Outlook "guesses" what the server names should be, which much of the time might (a) work and (b) sometimes be right.

pop3.plus.net (OL's guess work) is an alias of Plusnet's published POP3 mail server mail.plus.net 

From a networking perspective, both connect to the same place, from a security perspective, only the published server name is in the security certificate.  As mentioned by @jab1 you need to fix OL's guess work.

A similar consideration applies for the outgoing SMTP server: OL's guess work will probably be smtp.plus.net, whereas the published address is relay.plus.net - that should likewise be corrected.  SMTP should use port 587 with STARTTLS

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Emails have been archived - please restore

Hiya @nickaren1, thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you're still waiting for your mail to be unarchived. 

I've been unable to locate a reference for the initial request to chase this so have raised a new request to the team for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
nickaren1

Thank you @LaurenB 

sofamonster
Hooked

Afternoon.

For couple of days I've been chasing to get my emails unarchived.
Anxious that I will loose some important emails.

Thanks
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @sofamonster, I have raised the request to have your mail unarchived for you, please allow up to 3 working days for this to be actioned. 

I'm really sorry for the disruption caused in the meantime. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thank you jab1 and Townman,

Understood about the server alias and I have now changed the server name in the email account properties to mail.plus.net so as to align with that in the ceritificate. So far all seems to be OK, no server cerificate error messages so far, so fingers crossed.

LoneBee
Rising Star

Further to my last post, the Certificate warnings have started again and when I check the Outlook settings for the incoming server I see they have reverted back to pop3.plus.net.

I have now tried to change the outgoing server from smtp.plus.net to relay.plus.net as well. Do the port numbers make any difference?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

You need to set the server settings manually. From memory …

File
Select the account in the top box
Select the account settings drop down
Select server settings and enter manually

No port number does not impact the certificate.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LoneBee
Rising Star

I went to file, selected account settings, highlight the account and then select repair: When I select "change" the only option relates to leaving messages on the server and for how long.

I selected the "let me repair my account manually" under "advanced options".

I change the server setting to mail.plus.net from pop3.plus.net, by typing into the server box, and then click repair.

The message comes up that account has been repaired successfully and test email comes through.

When I go back through the process again to review the settings I see that the server has reverted back to pop3.plus.net.

Same happens when I change the outgoing server from smpt.plus.net to relay.plus.net - when I go back to review it has reset itself to smpt.plus.net

bravoecho75
Grafter

Sorry - just picking this up again.  Email dated 11-apr says:
Username:xxxxxxxx

You are receiving this message as your mailbox has not been accessed since:
xxxxxx

We have therefore archived the contents of the mailbox, please note that new mails will continue to be received.
To stop this from happening going forward you need to access it and collect E-Mail at least once within a 90 day period.
If you would like your email restoring then please contact our support team by raising a ticket using the Help Assistant on our website:

https://portal.plus.net/

We will only keep archived email for a limited period of time, after which it will be permanently deleted.
Kind regards,

Plusnet customer support
https://portal.plus.net/

bravoecho75
Grafter

Replying to myself but ... just a thought.

Isn't a bit counter productive to send the warning about not being accessed to an account that obviously isn't accessed!  It should be cc'd to the email on the account info as well (like notifications about these posts and bill notifications are)

gransha
Hooked

HI.  Can you restore my mailbox please? jim@

Many thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hi Jim,

I've raised a NetOps task now to unarchive your mail and it should be done for you within 3 working days. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sutcliff

Good afternoon, 

One of the mailboxes in my account has gone oversize and been archived.  Could you please un-archive it so I can clear it out?

Many thanks, 

Jon

JeremyM
Dabbler

Please can you unarchive the mbox pe*** - I believe archived on 17-6-2022.

Thank you

Jeremy