cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

jac2
Dabbler

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

I had my main e-mail account archived due to beign 500MB #221684127.  I contacted support (I didn't realise this thread existed).  I still don't have my e-mails back and another mailbox account lost all of it's e-mails and the support engineer said he couldn't see the mailboxes and wondered if I had deleted them.

He said he would call me that day (friday), which he didn't and so we are days later and I am missing 2 mailboxes of e-mails and no idea what is going on.  Can someone in support pick tis up please.

Regards,

Jason

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @JD2

I still can't see we've archived your e-mails. Have you received an e-mail from us to say we have?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jac2
Dabbler

Hi, Ticket#221684127

I didn't realise this thread existed and the mailbox overfull warning didn't let me know that this was an option to get them re-instated.  To this end I raised the ticket. 

I raised on 3rd Feb.

It looks like on your internal systems that you have 2 lists for the account, domain and account name.  So on the last 2 calls the PN support started by saying they couldn't see the mailboxes.  I tried to explain we don't differentiate them and I actually think the difference is legacy.  We set up the e-mail accounts in the same way, through the PN admin portal.  I just went to set up an account and it said "Add a maibox | new mailbox name [Box for me to enter] @accountname or @yourDomain.co.uk

Anyway, at the moment, one of the mailboxes (the largest) has e-mails prior to the 3rd missing - as expected, but they should have been returned by now.

The other mailbox referenced in the ticket - the mail just disappeared as we were using webmail to clean some out.  It just happened - so I am thinking that mailbox's e-mail was archived as well as I can't see a fat finger way to just empty the mailbox and not have them in deleted.....

So I'm 1.5 weeks into this now and a few phone calls.  Can someone pick this up and make some sense of it please.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.
jac2
Dabbler

Does an admin keep deleting my posts. I posted here over the weekend (I thought I did), then posted again today and it appears my post has gone.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@jac2  your posts could have been caught by the automatic spam filter - it does appear to randomly block perfectly genuine posts.

John
jac2
Dabbler

@jab1 wrote:

@jac2  your posts could have been caught by the automatic spam filter - it does appear to randomly block perfectly genuine posts.

Excellent, can someone release it?

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've asked our forum moderators to check the spam filter as soon as possible for you Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Romerty

Hi,

Please can you unarchive the mailbox beginning with 'K' in my account. We will clear it down after retrieving the important ones we are missing.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Romerty

I've raised a NetOps task to unarchive your mail as soon as possible which could be up to 5 working days as they're busy folk. I've created a ticket on your account Here so I can monitor the progress and update you once done. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jojobailey
Dabbler

Hi - please can you unarchive my emails which have disappeared in the middle of me trying to reduce them. User name per forum account. Many thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @jojobailey

I've taken a look into your account for you tonight and I can't see that we've actually (yet) archived your mail.

Have you received an e-mail advising we have? The last e-mail I can see we've sent about this was at 7:27 this morning, just writing to you a warning message that the combined size of your mailboxes are over 1GB.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jojobailey
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf, I saw the message this morning but didn't see anything else but all messages have disappeared. If not archived how do I find them.? Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, do you have a mail client like Outlook set up that could have downloaded the messages?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jojobailey
Dabbler

Hi Adam

No - I just go through webmail browser sign in 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks, it would be best if I queried this directly with our netops team, please bear with me and I'll pick this up with them on Monday morning and I'll get back to you with an update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team