cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Cavey

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Hi

Not sure if this is how I post here but please unarchive my mailbox .   Seriously cheesed off with plusnet for notifying me of this by email, giving me a useless link and then having no easy option to request my emails be Unarchived!  I have been going round in a loop all evening getting taken to useless and irrelevant help guides. Surely a simple link to an online form or an email address to make this request would be more use!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

… or have done some house keeping during the several weeks of about 75% utilisation?

This is the right place, though it needs to be picked up by a staff member.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @Cavey 

Looks like one of my colleagues has picked this up for you, a task has been raised with our NetOps Team. I do understand that our Contact Us page currently offers little help when it comes to unarchiving emails, something which I'm more than happy to feed back on.

Saying that though, we've sent you numerous emails advising you that the mailbox was reaching capacity, and have offered suggestions on how to clear some space.

Moderators Note: Tag changed to correct user.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
LittleUn

Hi, Please could you un-archive my emails.

Many thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @LittleUn and welcome to our Community Forums.

I've checked your account and we haven't archived your emails. 

Have you received a notification to say we have?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LittleUn

Hi @Gandalf 

Yes, I got an email on Sunday (4th July 2021):

"You are receiving this message as your mailbox has not been accessed since:

2020-01-18 20:33:50

We have therefore archived the contents of the mailbox...".

To be fair, there may not have been anything in the mailbox as it is hardly used (as you can see by the fact it has not been accessed since Jan 2020)...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @LittleUn ah thanks for the clarification.

I've raised a NetOps task now to unarchive your mail, if we have anything archived we'll unarchive it within 3 working days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JonP1
Hooked

Dear PlusNet,

You helped me with this once before. I think @Gandalf it was you 🙂

My mother has an account with you and she needed her emails unarchiving. You did this for us. I then helped her delete quite a few and encouraged her into regular daily deleting. However it seems (remotely so I'm not exactly sure) that the same thing has happened again.

Could I therefore request another unarchiving of her emails?

User name:  PeterPetter

Email address:  helen@peterpetter.free-online.co.uk

Thank you in advance.

Jon Petter

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @JonP1, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to see that your mothers mailbox has been archived. I have requested the unarchiving of this mailbox and this should be actioned within the next 3 working days for us.
As it sounds like this has happened before it could be worth setting up a POP3 email account on your mothers side as this will pull the emails from the server side every time the mail client is opened and stores the mail on a local device rather.

Steps on how to set up several different e-mail clients can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/How-to-get-your-e-mails-through-a-e-mail-client/td-p/1598809
I hope this helps.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

… but remember that if you do that, emails will not be available on other devices and you need to take responsibility for backing up those emails.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Weystoner1
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Hi, please unarchive my mailbox beginning with 'r'. Please PM me if you are unable to cross-reference my Community username to my mailbox - I was a little confused by the advice on not stating mailbox names given at the start of this thread.

Many thanks,

Dave

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Dave, I've raised this now and that mailbox should be unarchived within 3 working days. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Weystoner1
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Thank you Gandalf.  The mailbox got so large because we've been using it for correpondence concerning a local rough sleepers' charity (my wife is a trustee) and, due to COVID restrictions meaning the need to rehouse the guests, traffic has been particularly heavy.  Is there any way of ring-fencing this correspondence so that it isn't subject to the 1Gb limit?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Weystoner1, ah I see, that makes sense. Unfortunately we can't make certain emails not subject to the storage limit and I'm afraid we can't increase it either due to capacity limitations of our email system.

It may be worth setting up the emails on a mail client as 'POP3' so you'd be able to download the emails to the device you've set the client up on, and automatically delete them off the server (webmail.plus.net)

There's some steps Here if you're unsure how. Let us know if you need any further help.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gransha
Hooked

Hi.  Can you please unarchive my email messages for the mailbox beginning J.

Thanks