cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

outinthesticks
Grafter

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

I've had an email from Plusnet to say my one of my mailboxes has been archived. I've been away from home so I've lost a whole load of emails since 18th May. Could these be reinstated please?

Also the email was very confusing - it said to request them to he unarchived I should use the help assistant on the website. This just sends me round in circles, as it has done before. Could you not have sent me a direct link ? I do  wish Plusnet would make it easier to directly access help.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @outinthesticks,

Apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused. I've taken a look into this and need to clarify which account you're referring to in your post. Please could you send me a private message to confirm which account you're contacting us about and which mailbox/mailboxes you're referring to as well?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
gunsmoke2
Dabbler

Hi

"Our Support Team have opened Question 214573242"

It's been 8 days now, does it usually take that long?

Also, do they just appear, or do we get sent a link to the recovered emails?

Getting a bit worried, there are some course confirmation emails in there for this coming weekend

Thanks

Richard

gunsmoke2
Dabbler

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm trying to find out when the emails might be back

It was on the 18th May the emails disappeared (I had tried to delete loads a few days before, but I guess they must have been sitting in a deleted folder)

I phoned support that evening and after a while they said that the recovery was in progress and would take 3-4 days.  After 5 days (on the 23rd) I phoned again, and was told that there was no action to do this on m account.  the person said that it was now in progress, and I had an email confirmation

Our Support Team have opened Question 214573242 to track an issue on your account.

Its now 11 days after that & I've not seen or heard any more.  The emails haven't come back - do I get a link to them or should they just appear as normal?

Could someone chase up and see what the hold up is please?

thanks

Richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @gunsmoke2 

Really sorry first of all for the delay.

Unfortunately the NetOps tasks we've created to unarchive your mail weren't raised in the right way, so I've raised the task again now and I've emailed the guys in the team to prod them and try to prioritise it. 

As soon as I know more I'll let you know, this should be today or tomorrow at the latest.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Richard, I can confirm we've initiated the unarchive around an hour ago.

If you've not got your emails back yet you should do within the next 3 hours.

Apologies again for the delay and the experience you've had.

Let us know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
outinthesticks
Grafter

Thank you but I’d requested that just the last couple of weeks emails be unarchived, which was actioned. I now see the all of my emails have now been unarchived. As a result I’ve just had another message from you to say that my email box is full again! All my emails are downloaded to my PC so would you please delete them all again. Thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @outinthesticks 

We'll auto-archive them in due course if your mailbox remains full.

If you'd want your mail deleting sooner, in the first instance can you go to webmail.plus.net to delete them?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RogerE

Can you unarchive mailbox for xxxxx+f****. Thanks.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @RogerE, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear your mailbox has been archived. I have requested this be unarchived with out NetOps team and they should action this request in the next few days.
I'd advise once the mail has been returned and your mailbox working as normal again to please take action regarding the reason they were archived which can be seen via a ticket on your account here as this will stop further disruptions to the mail on your account.

gransha
Hooked

Hi, Can you please unarchive my email messages for the mailbox beginning with J?

Thanks

Jane22Wright
Hooked

Please could I have my inbox on my email account unarchived as soon as possible?

I am running several public events and need access to all my emails immediately.  I regularly go through all my files in my inbox and delete and am unsure why my limit is set at 1GB and how to reduce this? 

In anticipation

Jane Wright

Tags (1)
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @gransha Thanks a lot for reaching out, a task has now been raised with our Network Operations Team to have your emails unarchived. In the meantime, please spend some time deleting all unwanted emails from your account to free up some space, so that this issue does not occur again.

@Jane22Wright A task has also been raised to our Network Operations Team to have your emails unarchived as well, I'm not sure what you mean by reducing your limit? To preserve the stability of the service itself, customers are able to store emails up to a capacity of 1GB, and are advised to monitor their inbox to ensure that this limit is not being exceeded to prevent emails being archived.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Jane22Wright
Hooked

hi Adam, thanks for getting back to this so quickly.  I constantly delete emails to reduce the size of my inbox so am at a loss as to why it reaches capacity or at least 75% so quickly.  I have no spam come in. Would emails that come in to my iphone and ipad as well as my laptop all be triplicating the capacity?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @Jane22Wright this could well be the case if you you've set up your email via a third party client using IMAP.

If you have, I'd recommend setting this up via POP3 protocol which would download these emails to your device once they've been viewed. More information on this can be found here:

https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds