cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

JohnMcQ

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Can you restore my e-mail accounts that have been archived please.

Rincewind_
Dabbler

hi @JohnMcQ ,

I have raised a task for your mail to be unarchived.

We will let you know once we have an update. 

smithydog
Dabbler

Please unarchive my emails
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

@smithydog I have requested this now for you. It will be done tomorrow

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Ant1966
Hooked

Please unarchive my e-mail! You have removed ALL my e-mails, including some I need to use tonight!! I get that this is partially my fault, for ignoring the mailbox size warning messages, but even so seems a bit drastic to just delete all e-mails, including ones in saved folders, with no warning. This is especially frustrating as the link you have posted to request an 'unarchive' doesn't work; 

http://contactus.plus.net just goes to the home page, online chat is 'unavailable' and your call centre is closed. I'm a long standing customer with broadband and several mobile contracts, if you cant sort this ASAP I will be going elsewhere.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

No warning?

Several weeks of over 75% utilisation advisory notices.

Two warnings of FUP exceeded one week apart, advising that inaction will result in mailbox(es) being archived.

Then after yet another week the archive takes place...

... how many warnings is enough warning?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JohnMcQ

Hi Townman,

My mailboxes were archived (they have been restored now) 

Can you tell me where the warning notices are sent?

I check my mail via the "Mail" App on my mac.

I use a mailbox on my main account and don't check my main e-mail address,

Having now checked the main account I haven't seen any warning e-mails there either.

Does  Plus send a warning to the postbox with the biggest utilisation?

Thanks

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi John,

Good news that you have got them restored.

For Fair Usage Policy archive warning emails these are sent to the DEFAULT mailbox on the account and (I believe) to the nominated contact email address specified in the user account settings.  These also leave a "footprint" in the ticket system, which you can access using the link below.

When utilisation reaches 75% a warning is sent, advising of how much space is used by each mailbox.  These are sent at weekly intervals.

When utilisation exceeds the FUP, the warning advises that if action is not taken, the mailbox will be archived.  If no action is taken, the warning is reissued 7 days later.  If after that no action is taken, at the end of 7 days, then mailboxes will be archived to reduce utilisation.  All mailboxes used to be archived - I think that now the largest mailbox(es) is(are) archived until utilisation has been reduced to below the FUP.

For mailbox not accessed archive notifications the emails are sent only to the mailbox which has not been accessed ... and therefore archived.  I agree that such is not overly helpful!!

In writing this explanation, it occurs to me that having archived a mailbox on the grounds of FUP, it would be helpful to send and email to that box advising that it has been archived (if one is not) similar to that for the not accessed archive.

HTH?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ant1966
Hooked

Hi Townman. Thanks for your note. I did recognise and admit that I'd had some warning e-mails; sadly I cant tell you what they said exactly as I cant read any old e-mails, they have all disappeared... I know (and conceded) that this is my fault, but I'm not very technical, and don't always check this Inbox and wouldn't always spot the notes amongst all the spam. From my point of view, it wasn't very clear that all my e-mails would disappear, (including ones I'd saved to other folders especially to keep them). Different people have different levels of understanding of things like this! Either way, my archived e-mails still haven't reappeared, and the link still doesn't work. Any suggestions guys?Huh

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Your request here should get picked up and actioned.  I I do not see a staff response here by midday Friday I will poke the SU contacts!!

I'm interested in your comment that you did not feel that the communication - what would happen (and when) was clear enough.  Can you amplify please?  It has been a while since I received a FUP warning, so I cannot recall the exact wording.  When you get access to your emails again, if the warning is still there, if you can review it and advise what you think is missing, I will see if the Sus can get PN to examine improvements.

JohnMcQ

hi Townman,

thank-you for your reply.

It would be a good idea/suggestion to send the warnings to an active mailbox.

I think most people would react proactively to reduce the mailbox size.

Anyway I am pleased with the foru,m it was a much quicker and easier restore of my mailbox than last time.

My mailbox gets zapped approximately every 3 years.

Ant1966
Hooked

Hi guys. I've still not had my mailbox unarchived? What do I need to do to chase this?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Ant1966,

I'm sorry to hear this hasn't been picked up yet. I've raised a request now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Ant1966
Hooked

Thanks AJ!. Whilst I'm here; could one of you knowledgeable guys explain how I can best avoid this again. In reality 99% of my e-mails can be deleted fine;  the important ones I save to sub folders (under Inbox); do they have different archiving rules? Can I set some sort of auto archive for the Inbox?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

It is the total content of mail folders on the server which contribute to your FUP allocation of 1GB.  It is the mailbox which is archived, not just the inbox folder.

You also need to look at culling the content of the sent folder.  Many people use email to "share" photos etc. (which is highly inefficient) and then forget that the sent items stake up storage space.

If you have a lot of email you need to retain (in what ever folder) then you need to use a PC based email client which will provide local (PC based) storage folders for long term archives.  But do remember to back up your PC regularly!