cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here! (Part 2)

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here! (Part 2)

@rback I've requested the unarchive for you, this can take up to 72 hours.

@Popup I've requested the unarchive for you, this can take up to 72 hours.

@MikeBz Your emails are not showing archived, have your emails disappeared from webmail or just a client site?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@ClaudiaG23

Mike has his own topic which I’ve flagged in the SU space. This probably needs special attention.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MikeBz
Rising Star

Thankyou @Townman.  My frustration level at the lack of response other than being asked the same questions repeatedly is now immense to the point where I feel I should give up and change ISPs. @MatthewWheeler raised support question 239828189 for me (in response to my reporting the issue in this topic) weeks ago but all it contains is repeated “on hold” “off hold” notifications and one empty message from another support person.  I can’t even add comments to it any more - I’ve pointed this out many times but nothing ever happens. 

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@MikeBz Hi, I've had a look at Q 239828189 and see that the message haven't been archived, usually, when emails just disappear and they haven't been archived it's because of POP3. When you set up email using mail.plus.net as POP instead of IMAP, this will delete all messages from the server and your mail client should store them all locally if working correctly. Can you remember ever setting up Outlook or similar using mail.plus.net?

Even years ago on an old PC perhaps that you turned on recently, that will connect to the mail server and if the credentials are still correct, will wipe the server.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
MikeBz
Rising Star

Hi @James30, I’ve been through all this twice before.  No I haven’t used POP3 for many many years.  I use Thunderbird on Windows 10 configured for IMAP on both <username> and <username+catchall> mailboxes (emails disappeared from both of those).  I also use the Apple mail client on iPhone & iPad (IMAP) and sometimes PN Webmail.

So what is happening with Q 239828189 - was the last empty message in there addressed to me supposed to actually tell me something?

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@MikeBz It looks to have been a misunderstanding on our part and it was closed. We can't normally do anything with emails disappearing other than for the reasons we have discussed but I'm happy to re-raise the request but I need to set the expectations that due to the limited functionality of the email platform, they may not be able to be put them back. I've raised a new ticket here @ https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=240342406.

James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
MikeBz
Rising Star

Thankyou @James30 .  My expectations of my emails being recovered weren’t ever particularly high though I had hope that there was some sort of backup/archiving system for such an important resource,  but I think it is reasonable to expect a proper investigation to report back to me.

MikeBz
Rising Star

And already the new question has been put on hold for a week. This is what kept happening with the previous one (239828189) until eventually it just timed out and was forgotten.  <Sigh>.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

You may find that it will be on hold just long enough for any backups to expire and be deleted permanently.

MikeBz
Rising Star

Given that I originally reported it over 4 weeks ago that has probably already happened 😠

Popup
Hooked

Hi there, it's now been five days since you raised the Support call to unarchive my emails (RITM0226943) but this has not been actioned. You advised it should be done within 72 hours. Could you escalate this please.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this @Popup 

I can't see the task that Claudia raised but we'll chase this up tomorrow when she's back in 

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
smithydog
Dabbler

Please unarchive my mail box
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

@Popup  I've got this chased for you, I'm sorry for the delay.

@smithydog  I've got this raised for you, you should get your emails back within the next 72 working hours.

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
blear
Dabbler

Could you confirm please that you have unblocked my emails.  i have finally got my Wi-Fi up and running again after quite a battle and am keen to prune my cache, but that would be easier to do if the missing ones are restored.  Could someone please get back to me so i know what's going on.  Thanks Bill