cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here! (Part 2)

Galadriel
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 2

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here! (Part 2)

Hello @Spagett

I've sent you a DM, please respond when you can and I'll take a look for you.

shona49

Hi Plusnet Team,

Can you please unarchive the emails for my account. Account username is as per the forum username. I only have one mailbox.

Thanks.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @shona49 

That's been raised for you now and we'll get your e-mails unarchived as soon as possible 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Nat63

Hi can you please Unarchive my mailbox please? Thanks
blear
Dabbler

Please unarchive my emails

blear
Dabbler

Would you please unarchive my emails, and I will reduce the size  immediately.  Thanks, Bill Lear

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

@Nat63 I have raised it now for you and it should take up to 3 days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Same to you @blear 

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
MikeBz
Rising Star

Earlier this afternoon all my emails disappeared from all of my folders (folders are still there) on both my main email account and the “+catchall” account. Regardless of whether I go in through webmail, or using IMAP with iOS Mail or IMAP with Thunderbird mail client on Windows, all folders are empty (apart from those emails which have arrived since that point in time).

I don’t see why my email should have been archived - I had a warning some months ago that I’d reached the 75% limit and at that time deleted a large number of emails in some very big folders. I’ve had no warnings since, and don’t see how I could have been anywhere near the limit.

If my email has been archived could it be restored please?  And if not then why has it been deleted and how do I get it back?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @MikeBz 

I can't see any evidence of archiving on your account at the moment but I can see they all appear to have gone.

I've raised this to our mail team to see if we can find out what's happened but it can take 48/72 working hours for a update

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Weystoner1
Grafter

Hi, My mail has gone over the 1Gb limit again.  The biggest of the mailboxes is my wife's (deslat+rxxxx), at 630Mb.  Her emails were supposedly archived by Plusnet in November or December last year, and I can't see how her mailbox has become so big in in a couple of months.

I have two questions for you:

1. Is there any way that her emails weren't all archived? Is there a hidden cache that has retained some of them?

2.  When I log onto webmail from the Plusnet website to try and clear some of the bigger emails I'm confronted with something called 'Squirrelmail' that only displays the 15 latest emails, with no facility that I can see to increase the number per page or change the order to largest-first as can be done in the usual Plusnet webmail program. What's going on?

Thanks for your help,

Dave

Weystoner1
Grafter

Right, I've found out how to get back to the original webmail, so question 2 is answered (though it still leaves me with the chore of trying to delete mails in the middle of the night because her inbox won't load during the day).

Any thoughts on question 1?

Dave

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Culling mailbox contents

If you need to clean out your mailbox, may be because it is over quota, then as well as tidying up the inbox, you need to also look at the SENT ITEMS folder and then afterwards clear out the TRASH folder. However some times webmail performance can make this process very tedious, particularly if the delete action (actually a move to the trash folder) fails.

If you primarily want to delete emails, you can mitigate delete performance issues by doing an "immediate" delete (rather than a move to trash for deletion later) by holding down the SHIFT key when pressing the DEL key. This works in both webmail and most PC based email clients. WARNING SHIFT+DEL is not recoverable so be certain absolutely, that you do not need the email before pressing the buttons!

Alternatively, in webmail (Round Cube) Settings -> Server Settings there are some options worth exploring controlling how deletes are performed...

1. Flag the message for deletion instead of delete
  2. If moving messages to "Deleted Items" fails, permanently delete them
  3. Compact Inbox on logout

Setting these options and using them together will avoid the over heads of moving items to the trash folder when you wish to delete them. They will simply be greyed out and remain in the inbox list. After logging out of webmail, they will then be removed from the mailbox.

Whilst this might be highly proficient, it needs to be used with care, for when they are gone, they are gone. Note also that Plusnet house-keeping clears out the trash folder weekly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Weystoner1
Grafter

think I've found an answer to question 1: emails seem to be duplicated, pushing up the total count.  I'll see if I can get to the bottom of that.

Dave

Weystoner1
Grafter

OK, I believe I've managed to get the total mailbox size to 306MB.  It seems I didn't have to wait and do it overnight - probably a combination of new PC, 500mbps FTTP and maybe changes at the server end has meant that big mailboxes actually load during the day (albeit slowly).  I'll monitor it and see if there are any duplications.

It would be interesting to see if my 306MB figure tallies with what you see at the server - is this possible for someone to do?

Thanks for the information Townman; I can't see that it helps me at the moment (my iteration of webmail doesn't have a trash folder), but I'll certainly file it for future reference.

Thanks all,

Dave