cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived emails

DeeElizSt

Archived emails

Please could my emails be unarchived asap, i have spoken to customer services and have messaged twice since but they have still not been released.
Many thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Archived emails

Hi @DeeElizSt 

A warm welcome to the forums.

A request to restore archived emails is passed to the systems support teams, who I suspect might be a bit thin on the ground at the moment.  It is a matter of waiting until the restore request is processed (can be up to 48 hours) or this request is picked up here and actioned by the social team.

Usually users see weeks of regular waring email messages that their use of email storage has exceeded the FUP, inviting them to address the issue before archiving becomes necessary.  Have you not seen those emails?  Are you monitoring the user account email notification address?  That is usually postmaster@youraccount.plus.com - such emails are also sent to the default email address on your account.

There is though another path to having emails archived - not accessing a mailbox for several months.  In such cases the only place a warning email is sent is to … the mailbox which is not getting accessed!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DeeElizSt

Hi

Thank you for your reply. Sorry to message but I was worried that they will be permanently destroyed, as I originally spoke to some on 20th March and was told the emails would be restored within a few days. I had received the warning emails but unfortunately had not been able to reduce the amount of emails in time. I now seem to have more time to sit and do some 'major housework' on my computer so as soon as they are restored, I can reduce them. 

Thank you for your help

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Email archive will be available for 30+ days, though 20+ days to action this request is unusual. Email warnings are usually sent out for weeks once you’ve hit 75% utilisation and There’s 3 weeks of warnings at over 100% before archiving is applied.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I've poked this one elsewhere … the restore is being run as I type.

DeeElizSt

That's great, thank you for all your help 😊