cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived email restoration

R_o_b

Archived email restoration

My email inbox was archived for being too big on 13th September 2018. The email informing me said I could have them restored to allow me to do a better job of reducing the size, but if I didn't request this the emails would be deleted after thirty days.

On 22nd of September I asked for my emails to be restored and was told it would happen within 72 hours.

On 27th September I asked again, as nothing had happened.

On 1st of October I asked again, as nothing had happened.

On 8th of October I asked again, as nothing had happened.

On 9th of October I tried to phone, but couldn't get through. I phone 0800 432 0200 and the call is answered. I'm asked to choose 1 for residential or 2 for business. If I press 1 then I'm asked to choose 1 for residential or 2 for business. No matter how many times I press 1 it just takes me back to the start of the call. This has happened any time I try to call Plusnet, and I've tried quite a few times on different days and different times of day.

I've tried on numerous occasions to start a chat, but only succeeded once a couple of days ago. My question was updated to ask for my emails to be restored, but so far they haven't been.

So, here we are. The thirty days will be up in two days. I don't seem to have any way to contact Plusnet to highlight this fact, and the prospect of getting my emails restored seems to be getting slimmer and slimmer.

How did it come to this? I've been with Plusnet since January 2004 and had really good service for years. Now I can't even contact someone and have to resort to posting in the forum. There's a big disconnect from my current experience and Plusnet's recent television advertising. Needless to say, I'm not happy...

19 REPLIES 19
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Archived email restoration

Welcome to the community forums @R_o_b.

I do sincerely apologise for the time it has taken to action your request to unarchive emails.

I have now processed this request and the archived emails should be restored within the next few hours.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
R_o_b

My emails have now appeared, so thanks for that.

Any thoughts on why calling support on 0800 432 0200 just goes round in a loop? It's obviously not happening to everyone, but it's still not working for me.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The IVR problem sounds like proper tones are not being sent. Is there a switch on your base station for choosing tone or pulse dialling, and if so is it incorrectly set to pulse?

You could also try the traditional method of fixing electronic kit, Turn its power off for a minute, then switch on again.

David
R_o_b

I've tried two different phones, both producing tones, with the same result. If I choose the business option 2 then everything works fine, but residential option 1 just takes me back to the same starting question again and again.

AnnieO
Hooked

I want my emails restored but it's impossible to get through on the phone and the chat line is constantly not available. How on earth is anyone supposed to get help?

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi AnnieO,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Forums.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced in calling through to get assistance.

With regards your emails, can I ask what it is you mean by restore? Had you emails in your inbox which have now been archived by us?

Or are you experiencing issues with an email client on your computer/device?

AnnieO
Hooked

Hi 

They were archived because I hadn't accessed them since March, but I need to use this account from now on, and wanted to check them before deleting any that weren't needed. 

Kind Regards

Ann

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @AnnieO

We've unarchived those for you. Should be freed within an hour. 

AnnieO
Hooked

Email from yourselves 
Subject Important information regarding your email account
From support@plus.netAdd contact

Date 2018-06-24 20:08

You are receiving this message as your mailbox has not been accessed since:
2018-03-08 10:58:03
We have therefore archived the contents of the mailbox, please note that new mails will continue to be received.
To stop this from happening going forward you need to access it and collect E-Mail at least once within a 90 day period.
f you would like your email restoring then please contact our support team by raising a ticket using the Help Assistant on our website:
https://portal.plus.net/
e will only keep archived email for a limited period of time, after which it will be permanently deleted.
Kind regards,
Plusnet customer support
ttps://portal.plus.net/
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi AnnieO, sorry to see that these have yet to be unarchived, I'm picking this up with a colleague now and will let you know as soon as we've got that done. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just an update to say that when running a check on your mailbox I can see that there are messages in there as far back as June so the messages have indeed been unarchived but it looks like your PC isn't retrieving them.  Logs show that you logged in via POP3 at 15:41 today but we don't see if you have your client set to leave a copy on the server or download them. Could you check your settings to see if perhaps their leaving a copy on the server?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jim20

Hi, I've had the same message on 1st November. Contacted plus net who said they would sort it within 72 hours. contacted them again by web chat on 12th November, said should be sooner than 72 hours as a complaint had been raised (I have a copy of this conversation). It's now 21st November, still no contact from plusnet, or emails. Not a happy bunny.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Jim20 I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've requested the e-mails be unarchived for you now and it should go through in the next hour or so

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
aimless101

I am really concerned having read this post. I have also been receiving the occasional e-mail warning me that my storage was getting too high and then as best I can I have deleted the e-mails although the seems time consuming as I have to do it online and not through my mac mail. My internet connection is often poor and so it takes ages for the page to load and for me to delete my e-mails. 

Suddenly without warning all my e-mails have gone this morning.I needed to access the last 3 months of e-mails urgently this morning but when I spoke to someone at online chat help they said it would take 5 days and that there was a queuing system and that she could do nothing to help. 

I am currently dealing with a very difficult situation with my autistic son which is involving many different agencies and consequently a lot of e-mails with important information. All of these are gone and now I cannot refer to them. This is causing me even more stress. Is there anything that can be done to restore them any quicker. I am also very worried now that they wont even get restored within 5 days. I need access by Monday at the latest. Please Please someone help or advise as I am at my wits end.