cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived e-mails

Lochlochy

Archived e-mails

All my e-mails have been archived and have disappeared from all my devices.  I know I should have been deleting, but life has been a bit challenging lately.  I have lost all sorts of information I really NEED and am sitting here in tears as I cannot work out how to get this sorted as none of the plusnet communications seem to be working at the moment, or I can't take them work, and I see that my e-mails will all disappear in 30 days.  Please help.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: Archived e-mails

@Lochlochy 

A warm welcome to the forums.

Yes, if you do not heed the email warnings after 3 weeks, the largest mailbox(es) will be archived until the usage falls below 1GB.  The system also warns users in the preceding weeks once utilisation has reached 75%.  However using email to share photographs and other large attachments can quickly push usage from 750MB to over 1GB.

Users sometimes forget to look in sent items and to clear the deleted items folder after 'deleting' unwanted emails.

Posting here is usually enough to get someone to pick up the request, though support is rather maxed out at the moment.  If you referenced your account when signing up here, staff should be able to address this without coming back to you.  If you did not mention your account, it would he be helpful if you could log into the user portal, find the ticket number which archived your email store and post the number here - see PN Tickets below.  Doing that will avoid delay by ensuring that staff do not need to come and request that you send your account details via a PM.

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lochlochy

Thank you for your e-mail and I am grateful for the advice.  I am not sure what you mean by referencing my account, but I do have an account and [Removed] is my username.  I have not been able to find a PN ticket; I followed the link and logged on to my account, but couldn't find anything that looked like a PN ticket.  Of course all the e-mails warning me I was about to go over the limit have all disappeared too, so I can't check on those. All I have is an email ref of E1021, if that helps.

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Having followed the PN tickets link below, you would need to look at closed tickets. But given you’ve disclosed your account name here (not wise) the staff know all they need to.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lochlochy

Thank you and thank you for the advice.  I will change my account name. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Lochlochy 

I've started the unarchive process for your emails.

The requests are processed in a batch, every 30 minutes. Please note it may take some time to restore the mail, especially if the mailbox was very large.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Lochlochy

Thank you Harry, I really appreciate it.  I have learned my lesson!

Kind regards