cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived Emails - Seven day policy

AA2

Archived Emails - Seven day policy

My emails were archived today as I have exceeded my 1GB allowance.

As requested I have contacted customer services to request they are unarchived so I can delete unwanted emails.

I have been advised this can take up to seven days and I can not contact the relevant department (Network Administration Team) directly which, in any event, is only open Mon-Fri, 9.00-5.00.

I am very happy to take action but regret being prevented from doing so for up to one week.  It feels like a very aggressive response from PlusNet. I have been a customer since 2004.

Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

2 REPLIES 2
AA2

Re: Archived Emails - Seven day policy

Thank you for unarchiving my emails overnight.  I am very grateful for your prompt response and I will work through them today to reduce my overall mailbox size to <1GB.

I have however noticed that folders I have previously deleted whilst I can't see them when I access my emails via my client, they are still showing in my deleted folder when I log on using Webmail. How do I permanently delete these folders?

Also, I read on another thread about 'compacting' my folders.  What is this function and would it help?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Archived Emails - Seven day policy

Sorry that you were unhappy with the lead time of up to 7 days to unarchive your e-mails. Unfortunately this is just a standard timeframe we'd advise to set expectations, but as you've found out these requests are usually picked up a lot sooner.

I have however noticed that folders I have previously deleted whilst I can't see them when I access my emails via my client, they are still showing in my deleted folder when I log on using Webmail. How do I permanently delete these folders?

If you right click on Deleted Items do you have an option to empty the folder?

Also, I read on another thread about 'compacting' my folders.  What is this function and would it help?

Not sure that this would change your mailbox size on our servers, I think that's just to reduce the size on local storage. Is your mail client set up as IMAP or POP? If you're using POP you should be able to select an option to delete mail from the server once your client has downloaded the e-mail but this means that if you want to pick up your mail across more than one device then the 2nd device likely won't be able to see that email.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet