cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived Email (now missing) Urgent Issue

FIXED
JEuerby

Archived Email (now missing) Urgent Issue

Received notification that my sons mailbox (he works away and didn't have access during the period of email notifications) had been archived on the 12th April. I contacted PN on 23rd April to request the mailbox was un-archived such that he could take a local copy of folders and corresponding mail. Informed on 6th May that it had been restored on that day, however I've had to contact today as the folders within the mailbox still haven't appeared. My son is now worried that he will loose some important emails as it's coming up to the 30 day limit (even though we did contact PN well within that timeframe...)

Spending 45 mins on hold each time I ring is starting to wear a bit thin PN...

Does anyone know of any other way I can check to establish if the folder structure has been restored? I've tried:

Webmail (Have also reviewed folder options within preferences),

Outlook on Client (IMAP),

Outlook on mobile (IMAP),

iOS Mail (IMAP),

7 REPLIES 7
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Archived Email (now missing) Urgent Issue

Fix

@JEuerby wrote:

I've had to contact today as the folders within the mailbox still haven't appeared. My son is now worried that he will loose some important emails as it's coming up to the 30 day limit (even though we did contact PN well within that timeframe...)

Really sorry for the inconvenience, I've restored all mail to all mailboxes. 

Please delete any excess mail to remain under 1GB of total storage. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
JEuerby

Thank you Jono H. All mailboxes are now locally backed up and reduced well within the 1Gb limit.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

John

nigelboxplayer

Hi Jono

I am having exactly the same problem, i was working offshore and got notifications that mail box was too large, i was unable to manage the mailbox quickly enough. Plusnet for the second time this year archive my email. Despite now two very long discussions tickets raised and promises to restore and escalation to 'third level', i have now emails any platform, access to webmail is denied and the last Technical advisor told me that i was one of many reporting similar issues. I was told that it could take some time to investigate the problem and no assurance that the emails would be restored.

I am in the middle of a family building project with CAD fils that need to be checked and legal docs al within my emails that i need to access. After 14years with Plusnet this is about the worst period ever. Please advise what you can do to assist

regards

Nigel 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Nigel. We're looking into this now for you, could you PM me or update your ticket with the mailbox you're having problems with accessing? Let us know over here once you've done so. Thanks.

[edit]

Think we've found the problem. I've had to raise this to our infrastructure engineers. Unfortunately they don't work weekends but will pick this up as soon as possible next week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nigelboxplayer

Hi Gandalf, Thank you to you and your colleagues who resolved the problem yesterday, and my emails have now come flooding back. Management within the Plusnet system using iMap still remains a problem because this has to be done from the webmail portal. The webmail is tediously slow and i would welcome advice as to how to manage this through a cloud platform better

regards

Nigel

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @nigelboxplayer,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm glad to hear that your emails have now come back, please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you experience this issue again.

I'm sorry that the webmail platform has been slow for you. I've refreshed the mail component on your account to try and improve the performance over webmail.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@nigelboxplayer

If webmail continues to be slow, you might find using IMAP with an email client works better for you.

Guidance on doing this is given in the sticky post at the top of this Email forum How to get your emails through an email client.

Whichever approach you use it can help not to delete too many unwanted messages at a time, and frequently empty the Trash/Deleted items folder and compact the Inbox.

David