cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived Email Urgent Issue

FIXED
patchthefish

Archived Email Urgent Issue

I am having a bit of a nightmare with my Wife's Emails that Plusnet decided to Archive, and the terrible process they use.  Last week my wife noticed all her Emails and Folders had disappeared from her Phone and Laptop.  I contacted Plusnet to be informed that they had been Archived due to the size of our Email account.  I questioned why and did they try an contact me or her. They said that they had sent 4 Email warnings but we did not reply.  When I asked what Email the sent it to the told me it was my main contact Email on my account. It turns out that is not one of the Plusnet ones that I use but an old works Email that is no longer in use.  This is the craziest thing I have heard in many a year , not even try and contact us useing our Plusnet  Email address.  We need this back urgently so we can review and archive, so far its been a week and no proper response from PN.   I am a long time user of the service and this is the worst thing they have done ever. Please can someone from Plusnet help get these back please. 

17 REPLIES 17
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Archived Email Urgent Issue

Hi there.

I'm very sorry to hear your wife's mailbox has been archived.

Unfortunately we weren't aware that the contact e-mail address on your account is no longer in use. I'd recommend updating this via the Member Centre at https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=edit_details&s=0

I've now raised a task with our e-mail team now to return your mail back to her.

This should be within the next 1-3 working days. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

We've restored your mail now.

Can you confirm it's all there?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
patchthefish

Thanks you for prompt response ! All restored and we will start reducing the amount now !  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear that! Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rback
Hooked

Hi I believe the same thing may have happened to my mum. We have had a force9 email account for years and no problems but yesterday my Mum told me all her messages had vanished without any warning or explanation.

I logged in to check and her inbox has just messages from only a week or so ago. She is extremely distraught as there were many very important messages to her that have vanished ( I think she said a few hundred messages).

Can these messages be recovered/put pack to her inbox?? So that I can back them up for her.

Her mailbox email address is [Removed].

Please, please help if you can like I say my Mum is really really upset about this.

Kind regards,
Richard.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've tried to search against that email address but can't seem to locate an account. This isn't anything to worry about (its probably just the search facility being awkward) and we'll likely have more success searching via the postcode/landline/account username.

Could you drop me a PM with those details and we'll go from there?

Best wishes,

Dave

rback
Hooked

Hi I'm still waiting for a resolution to this is there any update on my mum's messages??? Am worried as more time passes they may get lost forever.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @rback I'm sorry to see the un-archive request that Dave raised hasn't been picked up yet.

I've escalated this internally and we'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the delay in getting this done for you, we've submitted the request to the relevant system to unarchive your mail.

You should see them drop back down within the next 30 minutes.

Let us know if there are any issues.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alt

Can you please unarchive my email as soon as possible. I have tried to cut down the size - but unfortunately your webmail was very unreliable over the last week so could not access my email via webmail. I will try again but please restore our urgent emails.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there.

We've requested that for you but it can take a couple of hours for it to go through

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nathjedimaster

Ticket No:- 178673104

WIll you please let me know when my mailbox will be restored.

I go 9Mb over the limit & the WHOLE mailbox gets archived, just after 7am this morning.

I use IMAP thinking it'll be safe being on your email servers clearly this is not the case!

It's really important that my mailbox gets restored urgently as I have 17 Years of important emails & I don't want to loose them.

The speed of Plusnet Webmail is poor & unrealiable which is taking me a long time to go through all my emails to reduce the size of the mailbox.

Regards

Mr Nathan Keel.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@nathjedimaster  Sorry to hear this.

I've requested for your mailbox to be unarchived and it should be done in the next hour or so

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When you have your emails back have a look at http://www.broobles.com/imapsize/ which includes an option to completely backup IMAP mailboxes including all sub folders.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)