cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any differences between Madasafish email and Plusnet email?

snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Any differences between Madasafish email and Plusnet email?

Hello.
Are there any differences between the features and operation of Madasafish email (including webmail) and Plusnet email?
A friend of mine mentioned that he has to regularly delete most of the pages of his emails from his Madasafish webmail, due to storage space limitations.  Then this evening I remembered that Plusnet manage Madasafish.  I know from personal experience how Plusnet email and webmail works; if my friend is using the same system and features as Plusnet then he is extremely unlikely to actually have storage space limitation problems in the way he describes - it seems more likely he has misunderstood something, unless Plusnet operate Madasafish email differently.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Mayfly
All Star

Re: Any differences between Madasafish email and Plusnet email?

I have a Just Mail account but can't actually tell you the total storage space. It does say a the top just above the in box I have used 5Mb of 100Mb but as you get 100 Mg of web space I have no idea if it is included in that total. I know you can have 2 extra mail boxes each have 50 Mb storage and you can buy 2 more with 20Mb but how it's all totalled up I don't know as I always download my stuff so don't use the storage.
snozboz
Rising Star

Ah, with Plusnet I think the email storage limit is 1GB (and it's not strictly enforced - they'll contact you if you reach the limit, and give you a chance to delete emails yourself before anything else happens).  So if the Madasafish limit is 100MB as Mayfly suggests (above), then that implies the Madasafish email system IS different to the Plusnet email system.
Please would someone give me a more definitive answer to my question in my original post.
Thanks.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Madasafish email is very different to Plusnet. There is a quota in place (although I can't remember exactly what it is) and the webmail platform uses (Prayer I think).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
snozboz
Rising Star

Thanks Chris.
Helped my friend today, and saw that his Madasafish email quota is 100MB - yes, One hundred MegaBytes only.  No wonder he gets in to trouble.  I've helped him take the first step towards cancelling his Madasafish account (which he now tells me is Justmail, not broadband) and using something better (and cheaper) for email.