Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android mail app. Sent folder

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Android mail app. Sent folder

When I send mail from my android phone it stores it in a folder in the root called saved ( this isn't synced with my IMAP account) and I rather they were in my Sent folder in my plusnet mail account, so they were available elsewhere.
I can't see a way of changing that. I'd rather not download another app as the native android one in all other respects is good.
any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Android mail app. Sent folder

Quote from: the
I can't see a way of changing that. I'd rather not download another app as the native android one in all other respects is good.

What phone and version of Android are you using? Are you sure it's the native Android app?
If I configure the default client on my Nexus 5 and send a message then it's filed into the 'Sent' folder as seen in the attached image. If I then access Webmail I can see the message is the Sent folder there.
I'm guessing you're running either an older version of Android or it's not stock?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

the_groundsman
Rising Star

Sony phone on  Android Jelly bean.
All my folders (Drafts; Junk;, Sent; other folder i have set up on webamil)  are all children under the inbox, but my sent mail from my android phone goes into a Sent folder at the same level as my inbox ( and doesnt sync anywhere else.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

With it being Sony, it's probably a slightly modified build of the stock application. Does the same thing happen with other special folders like Trash and Drafts?
You can't change the IMAP namespace for your Plusnet account so the only way you'll remedy this is if you can somehow manipulate the Android app to use the correct folder. A spot of Googling suggests you probably can't.
Having said that, I don't have the problem using KitKat 4.4.4 so perhaps the problem will remedy itself should you ever get an OS update. Only option outside of that is to use another mail client or unlock the bootloader and install a custom ROM.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

the_groundsman
Rising Star

I'm probably being picky but I found K9 difficult to get used to. Probably a bit too featured and fussy for me. I did really like the native android app though. I'm trying a radical  change of approach:
Consolidating my accounts in outlook.com for webmail and running the outlook android app on my phone and the hotmail/outlook plug in for outlook 2010 on the desktop.
I'll see how that goes....
Many thanks for your help though