cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android email

Walwyn

Android email

I'm a new plusnet customer and I cant get my outgoing email to work on my Android phone. Ive been following these instructions http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/android-setup.shtml.
The strange thing is the incoming email is working fine. is 587 still the correct port no. for outgoing? any help would be appreciated thankyou
5 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 59

Re: Android email

Yes, port 587 is correct. However you could try 25. Big question though - are you connecting your phone by WiFi to your router, or using a mobile service. If the latter which one? It's possible they might be blocking access to external mail relays from their mobile network.
David
Walwyn

I'm at home and connecting with my router. My Plusnet broadband isn't up & running yet though, so its via Virgin Media
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 59

I think that explains the problem. I don't think sending from a non-Plusnet connection will work (even with the sender authentication you've set up) until your Plusnet Broadband is active.  Sad
David
Walwyn

Hopefully this will right itself when my Plusnet broadband starts. thankyou for your time
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 52

I think that explains the problem.
Definitely!. You need an Active PN subscription broadband account to use authenticated smtp. I'm sure it'll work fine once your account is active.