Did you mean: 

Amazon emails

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Amazon emails

Quote from: jab1
I agree, it is PN's anti-spam causing the headache...

How are you so sure about this? Do you get the emails if you switch spam filtering off? The error you've attached to your post could just as easily be a routing problem or temporary blip (especially considering the email arrived in your mailbox anyway).
Any further thoughts, Bob? - whatever action was or was not taken prior to your last post on this subject did nothing to resolve the problem.

Our anti-spam vendor reset a spam signature at their side that was catching some legitimate Amazon email. What I'm struggling to understand here though, is that since Boxing Day I have consistently received these emails, whether it's to an account with spam filtering switched on, or an account with it switched off:
Quote from: Bob
FWIW, I received both emails to two separate accounts early this morning, one with spam filtering enabled, one with it disabled.

Quote from: MisterW
I have 'Discard obvious spam' turned off, so the ONLY spam filtering that should be active is the Senderbase reputation.

For the account with spam filtering enabled, I have it switched off. Will switch it on, but I can't see it making much of a difference.
Is there somebody who is absolutely subscribed to the same mailing lists as me, but isn't receiving the messages, so we can use their email address to scrape the logs with?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Bob,
I have 2 Amazon accounts which are both subscribed to 'Kindle daily deals' and 'Kindle first'
The first account has been subscribed for some time but was unsubscribed and resubscribe at the weekend, the second was subscribed at the weekend. First account is to a plus.com whilst the second is to my domain.
Both of these received subscription confirmation emails but no daily deals emails ( Kindle first is monthly I think)
I will pm you with the actual email addresses ...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

grahambritten
Grafter

Bob
I am subscribed to Daily Deals and Kindle Daily Deals, see attached, been subscribed for a long time. The email address is attached to my domain name hosted by PlusNet.
When I added some new subscriptions I received the confirmation email, also receive any emails associated with purchases and deliveries, it's just the subscription emails that are missing.
For info Discard Obvious Spam is turned on and amazon.co.uk is whitelisted as an Approved Address.
I'll PM you with my email address.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

I agree, it is PN's anti-spam causing the headache...

How are you so sure about this? Do you get the emails if you switch spam filtering off? The error you've attached to your post could just as easily be a routing problem or temporary blip (especially considering the email arrived in your mailbox anyway).

Bob, I bow to your much greater knowledge on this subject. I will switch spam filtering off tomorrow, but will point out that from then and for 3 weeks I will be using another (Virgin) connection - although that surely shouldn't have any effect.
I don't know if that error message is a temporary blip/routing problem, but as I am still not getting promotional emails, although all other Amazon related ones are coming through, I doubt it.
dick:green Quote fixed.
John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the additional info folks. Should be enough to work with for now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Apparently a 'Daily Deals' one, tagged as SPAM, came into one of my accounts in the early hours of this morning!
Bob,
I've replied to your PM...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

... got another one to the same account today , not marked as spam this time Smiley

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

...and another one this morning. Looks like that account, at least, is ok now. On Bob's suggestion I've changed the email address on the other amazon account, we'll see what that brings.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Ok, my account seems to be getting daily deals ok now. I've just contacted amazon about SWMBO's account. The asked me to go through email verification, unsubscribe/reseubscribe and email verification again!.
They claim it was an email verification problem and all should be ok now Huh We'll seee what tomorrow brings...
If that fixes it, the it would seem Bob's theory about email blacklist might be correct.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Well, surprise surprise , that didn't fix it. I'm currently chatting to Amazon again... Roll_eyes
Edit: now they're referring it to the technical dept
Going back to something I. Thought I saw before :-
I checked SWMBO'S email this morning on my Nexus ( using k9 mail ) and I could have sworn it said 3 messages briefly then only showed 2! Talking to SWMBO when I got home she was fairly sure she saw something similar on the desktop using thunderbird.
I'm going to see if I can get a log out of thunderbird tomorrow morning from the office before she collects the email from home.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

For what it's worth, I'm not getting Amazon marketing emails.
I have been receiving order confirmation and delivery progress email, along with message to supplier copy back emails, however I have not received their reply emails which are visible in my Amazon user account.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If you try subscribing to one of the newsletters, do you get a message like this?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

FWIW Bob , I've never seen any message like that when I've been resubscribing.
I'm going to see if I can get a log out of thunderbird tomorrow morning from the office before she collects the email from home.
No point in me doing that since Amazon sent another email saying they'd unsubscribed the account and could I resubscribe AGAIN and wait up to 3 days to see if it was sorted.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If you try subscribing to one of the newsletters, do you get a message like this?

Hi Bob,
Cannot find any newsletter options on my account to subscribe to.  It's as though newsletter subscription does not exit ... Or I'm going blind.
Kevin

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Took me a while to find them too!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team