cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to webmail on Chromebook

Mitya_2

Alternative to webmail on Chromebook

I am a Chromebook user that has the same frustrations that many have with the PN webmail offering (slow, spam filtering white listed addresses, lost mail, items not showing in my sent items, etc...). As the Chrome OS is mostly browser based I feel a bit stuck but does anybody else have a solution that may be of use to me. I guess ideally I'm looking for a client type app that is able to collect and sent PN email without the need to log on directly to the webmail interface. What do you all suggest?

P.S. I also have gmail and yahoo addresses so if the app/alternative method can also collect mail from those accounts as well this will be a bonus.

5 REPLIES 5
maulz
Grafter

Re: Alternative to webmail on Chromebook

you should be able to  access your web based email from many email clients you just need the right settings  when adding the other accounts.  the apps you  use for gmail or yahoo should give you  the options to combine all your emails in  one.

i know i can access my gmail and yahoo from one app on my android tablet not tried the  plusnet as no need for it.  but theoretically  its just another  server to talk to and put in the right  protocols , ports login names and passwords  for.

here is a link that should help you 

https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I get gmail, hotmail and PN webmail on my tablet through the email app. Either in a combined folder or separate folders.

Mitya_2

Hi Mayfly, thanks for your suggestion but I'm looking for a real life example based on use of a Chromebook. I guess your tablet will running Android, iOS, or maybe at a push Ubuntu, all of which allow software to be installed. ChromeOS is slightly different in that it's apps are basically webapps based on browser tech. If you using ChromeOS or ChromiumOS please let me know.

Mitya_2

Hi Maulz, thanks the suggestion but I'm looking for specific examples based on real-life use of a Chromebook. Your advice is too generic and doesn't work with ChromeOS.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

A Goole search seems to turn up very little other than Cloud Magic ... or install Android and use one of the many apps available in that environment ... alternatively buy a proper tablet!  Cool_smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.