cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of my email folders have been deleted by plusnet.

Anniegun

All of my email folders have been deleted by plusnet.

We have two Plusnet IMAP email addresses. One has had all its sub-folders deleted. We have had no recent requests from Plusnet to reduce the size of our storage.(We have in the distant past and have dutifully deleted/reduced).

Now we cannot contact PlusNet.  On-Line Chat is shut. Telephone contact overloaded 'call back later'. No way of raising ticket. So what to do? 

If PlusNet restores folders we can reduce again if required but why the sudden death policy?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title slightly after split to its own thead..

7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: All my email folders have been deleted by plusnet.

Hi there,

I've checked over your account and can't see any record of us archiving these. Do you collect your emails via webmail or a local email client? Are the folders gone in both?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anniegun

We collect our emails via webmail. All email folders are present and correct on a.....@plus... but have disappeared from c....@plus..... If I open 'Manage Folders on c....all are still listed there but there are no sub-folders under 'Inbox', meaning all my recent and not so recent history has gone... I hope not for good.

The disappearance happened only yesterday. I had hoped it might re-appear  (thus no enquiry until now) but regrettably no.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

For your c... mailbox, if you login to webmail and go to Manage Folders are the "subscription" check boxes ticked? I've highlighted these in the snip from my listing shown below (folder names disguised).WebMailFolders.png

David
Anniegun

That worked. Thanks. Had I done anything that caused all the folders to become 'unchecked'?  I will now go through all and reduce the number of my emails... just in case. Thanks again

spraxyt
Resting Legend

Thank you for confirming that fixed the problem. Smiley

Strangely there was another post today where the user complained of folders disappearing from the mail display although being shown in the Folders list. I suggested the same check there but that user has yet to reply.

I can't think of any event which might have caused this to happen  Had your storage been over limit everything would have been archived and vanished, but @Chris said there was no record of this being done. It is possible to unsubscribe using local email clients on PC, phone or tablet but you said you only used webmail.

I'm going to follow this up with Plusnet to seek their thoughts. Please do post again if you experience this on another occasion (even though you know how to fix it). Smiley6600

Note: Though the symptoms are similar I think this is a different problem from that of earlier posts. Hence I'm going to ask the moderators to split these replies into a separate topic to make them easier to find.

David
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: All of my email folders have been deleted by plusnet.

Moderator's note:

6 posts split to their own thread from here by request and title changed slightly.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

spraxyt
Resting Legend

Discussions with Plusnet have not identified any changes which might have caused folder subscriptions in webmail to be deselected. Nor has it been identified as a problem from CS calls.

if anyone does encounter this please report it.

David