cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my email folders have been deleted by plusnet.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: All my email folders have been deleted by plusnet.

No problem at all, glad to help.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Just one further query - all the emails have arrived in webmail but there is a gap between 3rd November 2016 and 5pm on Saturday in the ones downloaded into outlook - new emails are downloading normally. Is there a way to download the missing ones - as webmail is too slow to navigate (is there a setting to view them in one long line rather than in pages?)

Sorry to be a nuisance.

Chris
Legend

If you go to the mailbox settings you can change the rows per page here: https://webmail.plus.net/?_task=settings -Chris

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
avanklav
Hooked

All of my emails have been deleted overnight. I''ve just had a frustrating conversation with customer support where the agent said she didn't know the system for restoring the emails and didn't know whether it was possible to restore just the inbox. She may have put in a request to do this but I have no confidence. Although you'd warned me my Inbox was oversize, I'd tried to delete a significant number. Perhaps it was not enough but I had no idea you would delete the entire mailbox rather than say the oldest fifty per cent which would be much more sensible. And doing it overnight Friday make sure it harder too given the thinness of your customer support on a Saturday - no online support and no proper instruction on the email you sent about  the deletion about who to contact and how. 

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Duplicate post removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Looks like this one was sorted yesterday? Apologies for the hassle.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Norrette
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hi there,

Not quite folders disappeared, but my emails mandatory archived early this year and i was advised to raise a ticket if I wanted them back.  Well, I'm a busy bod so I can't remember if I did raise a ticket and now can't find how to raise a ticket.  (They were archived cos I didn't log in regularly - not through space or volume - if there were more than thirty emails, I'd be surprised - however they are an important thirty emails)

Can anyone tell me:
How do i raise a ticket - and/or how do I see which tickets I've raised
and
How do i get these emails back?

bw

Norrette

Chris
Legend

You can see tickets you've raised and open tickets here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/

We only keep backups of the archive for 30 days, I'm afraid if it's longer than this we can't restore the mails. I've unarchived anything we had archived for you.

prmakalu

Hi Bob 

I have also lost all my mail (I missed the notification mail) I have spoken lots to plusnet but none returned yet. Now over the 30days but desperate for some mails back to do with charity I volunteer with. Any ideas as you seem to have sorted for others? It is [Removed]   - sorry but dim on what I am asking here or how this works? Pete 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@prmakalu,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Generally after 30 days there is a high likelihood that back ups are no longer available, but that would need confirmation from a staffer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@prmakalu wrote:

I have also lost all my mail (I missed the notification mail) I have spoken lots to plusnet but none returned yet. Now over the 30days but desperate for some mails back to do with charity I volunteer with. Any ideas as you seem to have sorted for others? It is [Removed]   - sorry but dim on what I am asking here or how this works? Pete 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

If you check it now you should find your emails have been restored Smiley 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
prmakalu

I just wanted to say you are amazing. thank you so much all files sorted and now going through so as not to clog up the system again and go over the storage limit. HUGE HUGE thanks - much more effective this way than telephoning . Brilliant. 

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@prmakalu Pleased to hear Plusnet managed to restore your emails. Thumbs_Up

Just wanted to mention that when deleting messages they are transferred to the Deleted Items/Trash folder, and whilst in there still count towards your email storage allowance. To recover this, make sure you empty the Deleted Items folder and also Compact the Inbox to eliminate wasted space.

If using webmail you'll find options for emptying and compacting folders if you click on the Cog icon bottom left of the message list window.

David