cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my email folders have been deleted by plusnet.

norbertmunchkin

Re: All my email folders have been deleted by plusnet.

Same has happened to my mum - all emails suddenly lost. She's distraught because she uses the email to run her village magazine, and she's now lost everything. It's annoying, because at christmas we were going to ditch plusnet because the webmail performance was so unreliable, but at least she had her stored messages then, even though she could often not access them - but now they are all gone without any prior warning.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@bobpullen wrote:
Neither of you received emails about the volume of mail stored for your account?

If you log into the Member Centre, is your contact email address up to date?

Do you only send the email to the contact email address? Surely you should also copy it to the email box(s) that are over quota to make sure it is seen?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mgnl1983
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

All my emails disappeared from my email address, and from our accounts email address too.   This happened between Monday night and Tuesday morning.  I have asked Live Chat Twice now to restore my emails, but they say I have to wait 72 Hours.
I am being made to look a complete muppet to my customers.  I have customers who have emailed drawings and orders, and I haven`t been able to access anything since Monday.   I regularly clear out and try to reduce my emails as best as I can.   This isn`t the First time this has happened either.   I`ve been with PlusNet / Free-online for 15 Years,  but I really am running rather short on patience now.

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

So it`s now 80 Hours that I`ve waited and my emails still haven`t been restored...

nirmala

The same thing has happened to all my emails & folders. I did not receive any warning emails about the amount of space being used by my email folders. 

Please can you restrore my emails as well, and i will go through a reduce them as best as i can. 

I have several emails stored with details of our flights etc for our upcoming holiday, which i need to get to urgently. 

Help ppppp ..... 

andrewbarnes090

Hi bob,

I've just discovered that all of my emails have been deleted (or hopefully archived too).

Is there anything you can do to help me and if so, do you need any information from me?

tootler

Just joined and came here looking for something else but saw this topic. I also lost all my emails and folders for whatever reason.  Don't think I was over my 1gb limit, I've had very few emails since joining.  Lost all my contact addresses too.

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

4 Weeks later, and the same thing has happened yet again.   All emails have gone from one our accounts.  No notification, and no it wasn`t over 1Gb limit either, because all the emails had been cleared down after the last episode.

I`m starting to get real pressure to change providers.  The service quality from PlusNet is really starting to become an issue now.   There has been the odd problem over the 15 Years that I`ve been with them, but just lately it has got a lot worse (and I`m not one for complaining normally).  Please sort this out quickly PlusNet !

dells

This (all imap folders deleted) seems to have happened to my Mum whose Plusnet account I manage.  I can't see a way of contacting Plusnet which doesn't involve phones which I don't use due to being deaf. Seriously unimpressed. I shall pester Plusnet in the morning and hoping they can be restored. No warning emails anywhere that I can see and I have checked. 

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

Hello Dells,  Well It will be a week tomorrow, and still the emails have not been restored.   I am seriously now considering changing providers, I`m sick and tired of the hassle.   I hope you have more luck than I have.  

As far as contacting PlusNet, it really is very simple (not).  To contact them by 'Live Chat'.   Click 'Contact Us' at the top of the main page  then Click the 'Contact Customer Support' underneath the Already a Customer? bar.,  Click 'Broadband', and then click 'My question isn`t listed'.  Now go to option 3 'Start Chat'.

You will get the same reply that I get, "It will take upto 72 Hours to restore them,  but we can`t speed this up",  which is funny because I`ve seen that Bob Pullen who is a member of staff, seems to be able to Pull levers when other people have complained.

Good Luck anyway !

Mgnl1983
Rising Star

I`ve just spoken with PlusNet again,  apparently the instruction from last Tuesday had an issue, in other words it hasn`t been carried out.  I`m told that they will be restored by Wednesday 1st March 2017.   This is the last opportunity as far as I`m concerned.  If it doesn`t get resolved by Wednesday then I will start to look at moving to a new ISP.

dells

I finally got through to online chat after waiting ages and they were hopeless. I was waiting several minutes between each round of conversation (almost as bad as Amazon). They say because it has been more than a month they can't undelete the emails and there was no one to escalate to. I haven't checked email recently cos I've been busy. 

There's no sign of the warning emails tho and I have an archive of the pre deletion emails until Jan 2017. So I have submitted a ticket and will phone Plusnet tomorrow via relay (which they will hate) and demand they return the emails or I shall be submitting complaints and if it comes to it, I'll take it to ADR. I will also report them to the Information Commissioner for losing data. I don't believe we received any emails warning us and I certainly had no idea there was a quota at all, nevermind one which was TINY. 

New email hosting time. 

LoneBee
Rising Star

Me too, from last Thursday - hardly archiving by my book. I used their online chat but they have not been restored as promised. I have gmail account and no problems like that there, so what is the problem as I am sure google have far more users. Frustrated and very disappointed.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've unarchived your mail now and this should be available within the next 30 minutes. I do appreciate that you're unhappy with the archiving, however we did contact you three times prior to advising that they were archived, going back over 3 weeks.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
LoneBee
Rising Star

Thanks,

They have just returned.

Regards

Lone Le Vay