cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All mail to sfr.fr via relay.plus.net is bouncing - 550 domain has no delivery address

deaclow

All mail to sfr.fr via relay.plus.net is bouncing - 550 domain has no delivery address

Looks like something is borked on relay.plus.net with respect to the sfr.fr domain. Any time I try and e-mail anybody at sfr.fr via relay.plus.net I get a bounce:

<***@sfr.fr>: host relay.plus.net[212.159.8.107] said: 550 <***@sfr.fr> recipient rejected - domain has no delivery address (DNS MX or A record) (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Works absolutely fine if I route via gmail or another SMTP relay, but this behaviour is consistent if going via relay.plus.net! 

Doing manual DNS lookups for MX records on sfr.fr shows everything normal and as expected!

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: All mail to sfr.fr via relay.plus.net is bouncing - 550 domain has no delivery address

Hi,

Issues similar to this have been seen before, due to a handful of causes, including but not limited to issues with the domain's nameservers (an external issue) and slow responses from DNS servers (an internal issue).

As you report, nslookup (using Plusnet's DNS servers) deliver MX details.  Is this a solid error?  Have you tried again to send the email?

Posting the email subject, date, time and message ID might assist Plusnet staff's investigations.

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

deaclow

Re: All mail to sfr.fr via relay.plus.net is bouncing - 550 domain has no delivery address

Thanks for the reply Townman.

The problem persisted for over a week, but after posting this thread and tweeting plusnethelp, the problem has resolved as of today.