cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All emails have disappeared

HenryT1

All emails have disappeared

Hi,

all my emails received before yesterday for my main email account (henry@) have disappeared off my Webmail through a browser, Apple Mail program on my desktop as well as off my Outlook app on my Android phone. How can I restore them? To the best of my knowledge, I have not received any emails from Plusnet regarding archiving.

All the emails on a secondary email account (sampah@) have disappeared. I have just checked and it appears an email was received from Plusnet on 14 March 2020 saying the emails have been archived due to non-activity.

I tried raising a ticket. The option to chat online is not available. I tried calling but none of the options are relevant (broadband, mobile or BT Sport). I tried broadband but it brought me back to mobile. At which point I gave up.

How can I restore them both?

Thanks,

Henry

Thanks,

Henry

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: All emails have disappeared

Hi Henry,

It would help if you could check you ticket history to see if there is any visibility of FUP archiving.

The ability of end users to raise a ticket for this scenario does not exist - the SUs have discussed it with Plusnet.  Posting here is usually enough to trigger a restore.

Email archiving

Plusnet has two email content archiving 'events'

1. Exceeding the Fair Usage Policy (FUP): This is invoked when the sum of the contents of all of your email boxes exceeds the 1GB FUP allowance. Users will have received warning notices for several weeks, having exceeded 75% of the FUP. After 2 warnings of having exceeded 100% of the FUP, mailboxes are archived to bring the FUP utilisation down below 100%. The act of archiving emails is recorded in the user's ticket history - see the PN tickets link below
  2. Mailbox not accessed for a while: After a period of not accessing a mailbox (it not being logged into) the contents are archived. An email is sent to that mailbox advising of the archiving action, after it has been archived. No record of the action is recorded in the ticket history

Archives are retained for 30 days. When making a request to unarchive emails, it is very helpful to inform staff which of the above archives appears to have been performed - it stops them looking for non-existent tickets!

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @HenryT1, I've had a look at the account and can see we've raised a request to get the mailbox unarchived for you. We'll update you once that's been completed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @HenryT1 

I've started the unarchive process for your emails.

The requests are processed in a batch, every 30 minutes. Please note it may take some time to restore the mail, especially if the mailbox was very large.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet