Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All emails have disappeared

FIXED
Tim17
Dabbler

All emails have disappeared

My partner Juliet who has webmail on this account set up exactly like mine has had all of her emails disappear from both webmail and her iPad. Reading these threads it seems likely that they have been “archived”. Please can they be unarchived. Strangely mine are fine although I’m much less organised deleting emails than she is.

Tim

40 REPLIES 40
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: All emails have disappeared

Fix

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reaching out,

We've requested her mail to be un-archived now which should happen within the next 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Hope this helps. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tim17
Dabbler

Thanks for your speedy and effective response.

Tim

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Not a problem Tim. 

Feel free to let us know if you need any further help with this or anything else. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ahavapeng

My emails have been archived too. Can I have them back please?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @ahavapeng,

I've taken a look into this and everything appears to be active from our side of things. Please can you let us know when the mailbox was archived?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
ahavapeng

27/4/2019

and 3 months before that and etc etc ad nauseum

also subaccount (mailbox) named 'nonspam' on 26/5/2019 and 3 months before that and etc etc

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @ahavapeng,

I've checked your account and I can confirm that your emails definitely haven't been archived from our side. I'm sorry to hear that your emails have been disappearing after three months, though. Do you access your emails via our webmail platform or do you use a third party email client (e.g. Apple Mail, Outlook, etc)?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ahavapeng

Here is a copy of the archiving message from 27/4/2019

Username: j*******m

You are receiving this message as your mailbox has not been accessed since:

2019-01-23 14:09:46

We have therefore archived the contents of the mailbox, please note that new mails
will continue to be received.

To stop this from happening going forward you need to access it and collect E-Mail
at least once within a 90 day period.

If you would like your email restoring then please contact our support team by
raising a ticket using the Help Assistant on our website:

https://portal.plus.net/

We will only keep archived email for a limited period of time, after which it will
be permanently deleted.

Kind regards,

Plusnet customer support

https://portal.plus.net/

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @ahavapeng,

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

I have messaged our network ops team to see if its possible, however, as it's been more than 30 days the emails may have been permanently deleted.

We'll update you once we have further info.

Thanks.

eltullah

All my emails disappeared yesterday.  This is the second time in the past few weeks.  Could you help please.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @eltullah, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear that your mail has been archived again.

We've requested it be un-archived for you but for future reference we'd recommend taking a look at the below ticket:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=192958940

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

“This is the second time in the past few weeks.

Did you take steps to reduce the size of your mailbox?

Inbox
Sent items
Trash

All take up space from your allowance. People frequently forget to empty the trash folder after “deleting” items from the other folders.

Note that (if it’s a PlusNET account) you should have been receding warnings for weeks after your utilisation passed 75% of your usage. Do you check the content of your postmaster email address?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Tim17
Dabbler

Unfortunately Juliet’s emails ([Removed]+Juliet) which were reinstated have now disappeared yet again. For a few days she was completely unable to send/ receive email. That has now been rectified but all of her past email remains missing. I don’t understand why she is experiencing the problem and my email is unaffected.

Tim

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

If your account exceeds the FUP then usually only one nail box, enough to bring you under the FUP is archived. Did your wife take any steps to cull her emails after the mailbox was restored?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.