Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional mailbox wont work iphone 6

FIXED
Steveh2

Additional mailbox wont work iphone 6

Hi all, 

I'm a new user and in the process of setting up.

I've created a new mail box which works fine on webmail both receiving and sending mail.

My supplied email name@username works fine on the iphone and web mail too.

I've set up another mailbox with a full stop - name.name@username - the email I received shows the username to be username+email but despite a number of attempts in wont receive emails.

just for added info I've not yet got the broadband set up so does that make a difference? As you can appreciate i want to use new email addresses before my current supplier switched my existing ones off.

6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Additional mailbox wont work iphone 6

Welcome to Plusnet Thumbs_Up

I've just set up a new mailbox including a full stop to check the process and it's working OK.

Thank you for mentioning your broadband service is yet to go live. That does have an implication, but only in so far as you will not be able to use the Plusnet SMTP relays from an email client on your computer until it does *. However using webmail is OK.

If you set up a new mailbox called one.two the address for sending mail to it is

one.two@username.plus.com

However to collect mail the username you enter (eg into webmail) is

username+one.two

with the password you created for the one.two mailbox

When I entered that in webmail I was asked to create an identity. I entered One Two as my display name but had to overwrite the pre-completed email address completely with

one.two@username.plus.com

I hope this helps

* For sending using an email client you will have to continue using your current ISP's SMTP server until your Plusnet broadband is live.

David
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Nothing more to add to Spraxyt's post, he's covered everything I'd mention.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Steveh2

Thanks both for the welcome and the response. What you have described is exactly as I understand it. The one.two@username.plus.com works fine on webmail but not on my iphone 6. It says the imap server is not responding. However the first mail box which is the one assigned by plusnet works just fine on the iphone.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Fix
"Not responding" is quite different from an authentication failure which would say "User name & Password incorrect for imap.plus.net".

Check that the server name is correct - imap.plus.net with no trailing spaces.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Steveh2

Thanks was showing mail.plus.net and despite changing setting to imap it wouldn't save. Deleted and recreated seems to work now.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @Townman as per message #5.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still