Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional email addresses via Outlook?

kmw350
Rising Star

Additional email addresses via Outlook?

Hi,
I have my main email address (user@username.plus.com) setup so that I can send and receive on Outlook, as well as on Webmail.
I have now set up a second email address for my wife (Mrs@username.plus.com).
It is working fine on Webmail, but I cannot get it to work on Outlook.
The setup guides only seem to cover the setting up of the main address, or else I am doing something wrong.
Is it in fact possible to get the additional address sending and receiving via Outlook, or does it only work on Webmail?
Many thanks for any help,
Keith
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Additional email addresses via Outlook?

When setting up the second account in Outlook you need to use username+mailboxname ( in your case username+Mrs ) and the mailbox password you set when you created the 2nd email address. Just like you use for webmail in effect...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kmw350
Rising Star

MisterW,
that worked immediately thank you Smiley
I had tried several variations but had not hit on that one,
In Webmail, it works with simply:
mrs@username.plus.com
but for Outlook:
user+mrs@username.plus.com does the trick,
thank you,
Keith
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

In Webmail, it works with simply:
mrs@username.plus.com
You're absolutely right!, I wonder when that changed, you always used to have to enter username+mailboxname, and you still can!. It was still like that in June http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,116180.0.html
edit: Thinking about this, I suspect that the underlying login credentials for IMAP ( and POP ) are still username+mailboxname, and that Webmail is just able to parse the mailboxname@username to get the right data for IMAP login. Outlook, of course has no inbuilt knowledge of the PlusNet mail address format and thus it's login needs the exact IMAP/POP username/password to work correctly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.