Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding mail filters to Plusnet Webmail

FIXED
mpeill
Hooked

Adding mail filters to Plusnet Webmail

I've used mail filters in the past using the madasafish email client, to immediately delete unwanted emails from the server. However, I don't see any way of adding mail filters using Plusnet Webmail. Can you please point me in the right direction?

4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Adding mail filters to Plusnet Webmail

Fix

Unfortunately Plusnet webmail doesn't support mail filters, though I believe any filters migrated with a madasafish email account will continue to work. However users can't change or manage them. Sad

David
mpeill
Hooked

Doh, bad news, but thanks for the reply. I did have some filters migrated across from madasafish, but had some issues of mail being deleted, so Plusnet cleared all my filters.

I might have to consider moving to a different provider in the longer term. Embarrassed

Thanks again.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I mostly access mail from a desktop computer using Thunderbird and IMAP. Thunderbird supports mail filters and I've set up a few "on-arrival" rules to move messages around to suit my requirements. Several other email apps also support mail filters.

I've also done this with local folders for a non-Plusnet POP3 account to carry out limited spam checking.

David
mpeill
Hooked

I'm aware that I can create filters on my local PC, but I'm often getting hundreds of spam emails each day that quickly consumes my limited storage, so I'd ideally want to delete them server side immediately they arrive. I also use POP3 as I want locally deleted emails to remain on the server for a few days while I'm away and my wife in the mean time has downloaded then deleted certain emails.