Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account ceased, retaining email service

FIXED
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Account ceased, retaining email service

My Plusnet account closed today, but I raised a request to keep my email addresses. Please could someone tell me what is the next step? 

My other car isn't a Ferrari
28 REPLIES 28
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Account ceased, retaining email service

maranello
Pro

@jab1 

Yes, I remember. I raised the request, a support ticket has been opened. I want to know what, if anything I need to do next.

jab1
Legend

Ah, OK @maranello - keep your eye on the ticket for updates - the system should auto-update it and let you know when you need to take any action, but hopefully the Help Team will be monitoring it and will let you know when you can recreate your mailboxes. I didn't check on there which HT staff were involved, but did notice @adam945 .

John
maranello
Pro

Thanks @jab1 

I didn't know how long I should wait, I haven't completed the changeover and archiving to local storage, so want to make sure the messages don't get irretrievably deleted.

jab1
Legend

@maranello So far as I know, anything already on the system (are you talking webmail or IMAP?) should switch over without issue - you just won't receive anything until the email-only account is live. Also note that senders will get a 'message undeliverable' reply until it is active.

John
maranello
Pro

My mailboxes were deleted, but I still had access to my account and subsequently I re-created those I wanted to keep. I have since received new messages, so fingers crossed the process has worked. 

jab1
Legend

Good to know.

John
maranello
Pro

Unfortunately I'm still having a problem with an additional mailbox. I cannot access mail either from email apps or webmail. I'm convinced that the password is correct, and I'm using the correct credentials.

Could there be a block imposed which can only be removed by Plusnet staff intervention?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @maranello

I've had a look into this for you and we hadn't quite reactivated your account yet, but I've done that for you now.

Could you try logging in, and sending & receiving mail after half an hour? Let me know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maranello
Pro

@Gandalf 

I don't understand what is happening. All the folders and messages in the email account associated with my Plusnet account appeared after I reinstated the mailbox and aliases. I have received messages on this mailbox since, but no longer use this for sending. The problem seems to be more prevalent for the additional mailbox on the account. I was on the phone today to one of your colleagues, which has only partially addressed the problem with the additional mailbox. No new messages have appeared today, particularly from those we expect to receive daily. None of the IMAP folders are present. I am concerned that if this is not resolved soon these will be lost.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That sounds normal to me.

When an account is closed, all mailboxes are destroyed in our systems and when reactivated, you have to reinstate your mailboxes, but for the additional ones, we then have to manually restore the content. 

I can see you've spoken to an adviser today and they've raised a NetOps task to restore the contents of the only additional mailbox you have showing on your account, which should be done within 3 working days.

We keep the contents of a destroyed mailbox for at least 30 days, so at this stage we've got plenty of time. Smiley

Let me know how it goes though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maranello
Pro

@Gandalf 

Thanks for providing the explanation, I feel more reassured  now and  hopefully my partner (who uses the additional mailbox) won't mind waiting a bit longer. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @maranello 

No problem, aye hopefully it’s not too long but it should be early next week when the mail/content is restored Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @maranello 

We've restored the mail now. Could you check it for me? 

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet