cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing mailboxes

dreamcatcherwol

Accessing mailboxes

I have received emails from Plusnet that I am over 75% of my mailbox capacity. I have 4 mailboxes, and they list all four in the email with their size. They tell me to 

1. Click Personal Settings.
2. Then choose Folders.
3. Click on the folder you want to check.
4. To see the size of the folder, choose Click to get folder size.

I cannot find Personal settings.

I can see the four mailboxes in Manage my mail, they are all name@twomartins.plus.net.

If I log into Plusnet, and go to Email, it goes to a page that shows Current mailbox: twomartins@imap.plus.net which only shows my primary mailbox, which I keep for just incoming from Plus.net. 

How do I find the other mailboxes so that I can delete emails, please?

Sub question: When I was with TalkTalk as an old Pipex customer, I could set the emails to deleted from the server at a set time after I downloaded them. Is this possible with Plusnet, please?

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Accessing mailboxes

Hi there.

You'll need to go to http://webmail.plus.net logging into each mailbox one at a time.

The username and password for your default/1st mailbox is just your account username/password, but for your additional mailboxes it's in the format of username+mailbox and the password you set when you created the mailbox.

Once you're logged in, it's actually just Settings you'd click on as it doesn't look like there is a Personal Settings.

Sub question: When I was with TalkTalk as an old Pipex customer, I could set the emails to deleted from the server at a set time after I downloaded them. Is this possible with Plusnet, please?

It is possible but not directly through us, you'd do that through your mail client (like Outlook) when it collects your mail. You'll need to setup your emails as POP3 as opposed to IMAP. Bit more information about that Here.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet