Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to old free-online.co.uk account

mwerner
Dabbler

Access to old free-online.co.uk account

Hi

I've got an old email account with the format xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.free-online.co.uk. This was opened about 20 years ago and for about the last 10 years I have had my google mail account pick up email from this address, which it still does successfully but have not accessed this account independently since this was done. I understand that free-online.co.uk was taken over by plusnet some time ago. 

Has anyone got any idea on how I can access this old free-online.co.uk account independently as I need to try and find an email that would have been sent to it prior to having it auto forward to google mail.

5 REPLIES 5
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Access to old free-online.co.uk account

Hi @mwerner, thanks for your post.

To access your mailbox directly, you'd just need to log into member centre (changing the provider box to Free-Online) as usual with your Free-Online login.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

mwerner
Dabbler

Hi OskarPapa

Thanks

I found the right bit but have had to try and do a password reset as I've no idea what it is. In the password reset screen it asks for username or email. I have tried xxxxxx@yyyyyyy.free-online.co.uk but it says no account exists with these details, I have also tried just yyyyyyy and it then says I'll be sent an email but none arrives (presumably sent to xxxxxx@yyyyyyy.free-online.co.uk, which would then appear in my googlemail account. I know my gmail account still does receive mail from this address as I've seen one recently.

Think I'm going to have to phone support unfortunately,.... if I can get through to them.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, there can be a slight delay to these messages coming through. I use forwarding to gmail myself and sometimes notice such emails reach the spam or trash folders in error so it might be worth you checking those. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mwerner
Dabbler

It's definitely not coming through as its been a few hours now and have clicked the 'Check Mail' link under Accounts & Import/Check mail from other accounts in Gmail settings. Also checked spam.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mwerner,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I'm sorry that the password reset email hasn't come through yet and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. I'd recommend giving our customer service team a call as they should be able to reset this over the phone for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team