Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access other user accounts (mail boxes) in webmail

FIXED
tomp2
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Access other user accounts (mail boxes) in webmail

I was just browsing the forum to search for a thread related to an issue I have, and saw this, which is on the same lines as my problem. Hope I can get some help.

I've just had an e-mail from Plusnet to say that I have too much stored e-mail. One folder listed in the e-mail is my wife's e-mail. She is not a heavy user, but over time, the size of the folder under her name has built up and is now over 800mb. Trouble is, I can't seem to find a way to get into the folder and thin it out using webmail, in the same way I do for my own mail.

We are both under the same username. My account is in the format User1@username.plus.com My wife's e-mail is User2@username.plus.com

I must be missing something obvious about how to get into that User2 folder on webmail to delete unwanted stuff.

The Plusnet guide to managing mail is completely silent on this. Can someone please point out what I need to do?

Many thanks. 

Tom

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title to reflect issue after split.

4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Managing emails stored on servers and replying to plusnet emails

@tomp2

You can log in to your wife's account using Webmail with the following:

'username+User2' and User2's password.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Access other user accounts (mail boxes) in webmail

Moderator's note:

Split to it's own thread for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In case this isn't clear - no apostrophes round username+User2 when you enter that into webmail.

Also after deleting unwanted messages it is necessary to empty the Trash/Deleted items folder, and also compact Inbox and any other folder from which messages have been deleted. Selecting a folder and clicking the cogwheel, bottom left, shows options for carrying out those operations.

If there are a lot of messages to be deleted you might find deleting and compacting works best if done with not too many messages at a time.

David
tomp2
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fix

Thanks all. Now solved.

Worth noting the advice I got in two replies didn't work, however. I actually needed to type in the full e-mail address for the other account, plus its password, even though it was set up as a folder under my address. I had tried this before, but stupidly forgot an upper case character in it.

The folder concerned contained over 8,000 emails. Trying to delete them all in one go repeatedly gave me an error message, so I have just had the joy of removing them to the deleted folder 40 at a time, and deleting them from there at about 200 at a time. Boring, eh?

However, all sorted.

Tom