cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVG and Eudora

kdiment
Rising Star

AVG and Eudora

AVG updates itself frequently. Its current software version is 2013.0.2805 and its virus database is 2637/5993. No problems there.
I use Eudora for sending and receiving emails, and see a notification like this at the end of each message:
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2805 / Virus Database: 2637/5972 - Release Date: 12/19/12
Internal Virus Database is out of date.
So, although the latest AVG software has been used, an out-of-date virus database has been used instead of the latest. Has anyone else seen this? And/or have any idea of why?
Keith
1 REPLY 1
kdiment
Rising Star

Re: AVG and Eudora

Having searched through a number of online forums I find that there is indeed a current known problem with AVG. When emails are checked the latest virus databse IS used. The error is in the code that produces the certification message that appears at the end of the email. That thinks, wrongly, that the virus database used was the one in place the last time the computer was booted. This is due to be corrected in a future AVG update.
The problem shows itself, therefore, only when the computer is not re-booted each day, and I have seen the problem because my computer is re-booted only if the monthly Windows update requires it.
Other users of AVG who have noticed the misleading messages can stop worrying and have a Happy New Year after all.
Keith