cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL of my emails and folders have been deleted

FIXED
GliderPilot

ALL of my emails and folders have been deleted

This morning, I had a look at my email, to find that almost the entire contents of the mailbox I use has been deleted. All that is left are the few emails which I've received since last night. I've contacted Plusnet customer services and all they could say was very sorry (they don't keep backups!) and quickly denied that it could be a problem with any of their servers which has caused it.

Looking through the forums, it seems this isn't exactly the first time this has happened. Customer Services didn't say 'oh look we've archived them', although think I'm under the 1GB limit, I expect it depends on how you calculate things. I certainly haven't had any emails about it.

There has been a lot of talk about webmail problems, could these have caused this?

I'm trying not to vent my anger too much in the hope that there may still be a solution to this, I've been using IMAP email for many years, I don't see how it can be me that has done it by accident!

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: ALL of my emails and folders have been deleted

Fix

A warm welcome to the forums.  This rather sounds like a full email file store archive activity.  Notification emails for which are sent to postmaster@username.plus.com

Use the link below to access your PlusNet support tickets (you will need to log on to the portal).  If your email has been archived there will be closed tickets there indicating that it has happened.

Then using CHAT request that the emails are restored.  Should take no more than a couple of hours.

Then do some culling of old emails (remember to empty the trash folder(s).  Check all email accounts.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GliderPilot

Re: ALL of my emails and folders have been deleted

Yes, you are correct, there are tickets which indicate that the mailbox has been archived. Strange that when I contacted CS they didn't work that out.  Anyway, I've done another chat and had a ticket raised to un-archive the emails, nothing has happened yet, I guess the email experts don't do weekends.

Yes, when I get them back, I will spend some time removing those I don't need anymore. I've also updated my contact email details, but I do usually get postmaster emails, so why it came as a surprise remains a bit of a mystery and I'll have a closer look at this when I get my mailbox contents back.