Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

552 virus spam undeliverable error

assynt
Dabbler

552 virus spam undeliverable error

Hi, new here but old with Plusnet.

sorry to create a new topic on this subject but the others all seem to rely on somebody on this forum who is in the know with Plusnet being able to fix the issue in each individual case.

Does this have a more general solution? It looks to me like the plusnet mail server's virus/spam protection is set far too harshly.

My partner has a habit of sending harmless youtube (such as the John Lewis xmas ad) links to friends and family. slowly but steadily these have been rejected and now she can't send anything with a link in it and some other mail. This does not affect my email addresses. It does affect her on Outlook, Android client and, now newly tested, webmail.

I waited the necessary 15 minutes last night to talk to plusnet who have not fixed it and given us an explanation about having more than 600 emails sitting on the server. I don't see the connection myself but we have deleted these and set the PC client to delete them more frequently. The problem persists.

I don't want to hang on the phone waiting to tell this to Plusnet if somebody here knows the real cause.

I have read more widely on this topic on the interwebs and seen people forced to move ISP to solve this issue. We want to avoid this.

Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: 552 virus spam undeliverable error

If you message me the content of one of these rejected emails, and the address it's being sent from, then I'll take a look.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

assynt
Dabbler

thank you Bob, I have sent you a PM

assynt
Dabbler

Hi Bob,

I've just been testing and my better half is no longer getting the 552 error when resending a typical email. Fingers crossed and thank you for whatever you have done.