cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

552 Spam Message Rejected

Swingle
Dabbler

552 Spam Message Rejected

My colleague is attempting to send from his Gmail account to my Plusnet email address a number of emails. His message contains small size PDF documents, certainly much less than 5Mb in total.

He keeps reporting his message to me bounce with the above code.They clearly do not contain spam in any shape of form

Firstly it is a problem that he needs to address or is it something I should be doing by reporting it to Plusnet.

Anyone got an idea to overcome this issue?

Thank you in anticipation of your assistance

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: 552 Spam Message Rejected

Hi there,

Sorry to hear they're unable to send you mail with attachments. Are they able to send you mail without anything attached? If so, can you also send me a private message with a copy of the full bounce back message they receive?

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Hi there,

This is almost certainly due to either the sender's email address or something in the body of the email matching one of our known spam signatures. Unfortunately, these things aren't an exact science, and sometimes they can get it wrong.

If you private message me your colleague's email address, then I can check that against the database. If it's not that causing the problem, then I'd ideally need to see a full copy of the email your colleague is trying to send. You could obtain this by asking them to send it to a non-Plusnet email account you have access to.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Swingle
Dabbler

AS requested I have PM you