cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

552 Spam Message Rejected

emmaswebster

552 Spam Message Rejected

Last week my emails to my mother started getting bounced back with the error message 552 Spam Message Rejected. I worked out that a URL in my Gmail signature of a website which I manage was the cause of the problem.   I contacted Plusnet (both mine and my mother's broadband provider) who told me to contact my URL domain host, which is WordPress.  They got back to me and said:-

This message is being sent by the email provider for your mother's account. It's possible that a message from your domain was marked as spam at some point. We go to great lengths to ensure that no WordPress.com domain names end up on any email blacklists. As you can see here, your domain passes all of the industry-standard ones:

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3auklivemusiccensus.org&run=toolpage

I have just tried Cloudmark and got the following message: 'The SMTP rejection that you have received is not the result of current data provided by Cloudmark Sender Intelligence'.

I am not now sure who to ask as I don't know what the problem is but would like to email my mother without getting an error message each time.  I'm also concerned that my URL is on a blacklist somewhere, which, if so, I need to get fixed ASAP!

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: 552 Spam Message Rejected

The domain is definitely falling foul of this, and despite what you were told, it's us/Plusnet that are best positioned to do something about it.

I've opened a support case with Cloudmark requesting that they reset the spam signature for the domain.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

emmaswebster

Excellent - many thanks Bob.

How will I know it has been fixed, please, other than by continuing to send test emails to my mother?

Many thanks,

Emma

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@emmaswebster wrote:

How will I know it has been fixed...

It's 'fixed' now Emma.

The main reason for the listing though, is due to the volume of users reporting messages associated with this domain as spam. If there are genuine mailing lists you're aware of that feature this domain then it would be wise to review the list of subscribers and ensure that unsubscribe requests are being advertised/honoured sensibly.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵