cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

550 error for valid address

madhat

550 error for valid address

I am sending an email I have used before and which is delivered by gmail and iCloud but not by plusnet. The message I received from plusnet is: 

A message that you sent to the following recipient could not be delivered due to a permanent error. ** The remote server 217.72.192.67 responded with: ** xxxx@r-type.org 550:For explanation visit http://postmaster.1and1.com/en/error-messages?ip=212.159.14.20&c=poli This message was created automatically by mail delivery software on the server avasout08

I also had this message on server avasout07. 

Can you explain or help. I cannot do complicated I just need to be able to reach this member of a group.

12 REPLIES 12
sfgjjys
Hooked

Re: 550 error for valid address

ooops ... first message disappeared into the ether for a while ...

I have the same problem with email I send from PlusNet to a 1and1 hosted email address.

This is because 1and1 servers are rejecting email from PlusNet servers because:

https://www.spamhaus.org/dbl/removal/record/plus.com

I'd report this to PlusNet but their hold time is 15 minutes and I'm unaware of any other way of contacting their (always excellent staff); since a few years ago when for unexplained reasons they threw away what was the best customer support / issue online tracker system I've ever encountered - daft - it was their crown jewels.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)Duplicate post removed.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
sfgjjys
Hooked

You'd think 1and1 would filter out all the tlds for ISPs from Spamhaus spews - clearly a service to avoid.

I've sent a request myself to try and have this lifted:
"
---------------------------------------------------------------------- The Spamhaus Project - Domain Block List (DBL) - Email Policy System ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Verification/Confirmation Code: dac303b3fb2c507c27b8c9b4bf22a7d3 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Someone claiming to be .............. has submitted a request to remove the domain plus.com from the Spamhaus DBL database. This request was received from 84.92...... at 2016-08-24 12:36:41 UTC. If this was you, please verify the validity of your email address by following link: .................
Spamhaus DBL Robot The Spamhaus Project https://www.spamhaus.org/dbl/
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@bobpullen

Also same problem here with host Claranetsoho

550:(https://www.spamhaus.org/query/domain/plus.com) This message was created automatically by mail delivery software on the server avasout01.

The domain name plus.com is listed on the Spamhaus DBL.

plus.com has been listed in the DBL because it has been hacked. The domain plus.com is currently being abused by cyber-criminals who have hacked the website's hosting or its content management system (typically Wordpress, Joomla, etc) and placed malicious files on the web server. Please clean up this infection before delisting the domain from the DBL. The owner of plus.com can contact Spamhaus at dbl-mmxvi@spamhaus.org for more information about the problem. Read our FAQ on abused legitimate domains for more information.

JRT
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I tried posting to a colleague a few hours ago and got the same error message as above and the email was returned.  It would be nice to think someone at Plusnet Towers is aware and working on this issue?  Also, I received a very suspicious email a couple of hours ago, looking very much like a phishing email.  It seems to have got through the Plusnet system but it didn't get through mine and got flagged as Junk Mail.  I've moved it into the Junk Mail folder on webmail.  It looks like the hackers are busy already!

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Looks like it's been removed now...

spamhausplusnet.PNG

madhat

My first post and lovely to see how everyone joined in. A very good result, looks like I can include my friend in group emails again.

Thanks to all

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Does anyone have the munged URL of the Plusnet-hosted website that caused this? It will have been on the Spamhaus lookup results page. Whilst the block's been removed, it was likely caused by the compromised webspace of one of our customers.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sfgjjys
Hooked

The 'munged' url was plus.com !!!

Luckily, I still have the tab open from before I requested the block lifted.

Here's a screen scrape of what it said:

sfgjjys
Hooked

Spamhaus must have updated their records because subsequently the record says:

"The malicious files can be found here: hXXp://www.sa****f.plus.com/qiu0dfyb"

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

That should help @bobpullen identify the source of the problem.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Thanks, I've dealt with that now and the file in question has been removed. The listing doesn't appear to be active any more so hopefully it's done the trick.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵