Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

550 Invalid Recipient

Eserim
Rising Star

550 Invalid Recipient

Hi 

One of my PN hosted domains used to have emails diverted by changing the DNS records to MS Outlook.  I have tried to bring it back to PN by changing the setting back to the basic POP3 setting, yet now I get

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain mydomain.co.uk by mx.avasin.plus.net. [212.159.9.200].

The error that the other server returned was:

550 Invalid Recipient myname@domain.co.uk

I tried to log a PN call but missed the reply, which was hopeless and showed the support hadn't read my email properly

Any ideas anyone?  Or is this something only PN can solve?

As I am now officially [-Censored-]ed off with PN (This was the third strike - not being able to log calls on;line was the first, the second was not updating the service status for 4 hours after a known incident started this week)  I will be eventually leaving, does anyone know of a domain post (no need for web space) that offers unlimited email aliases?

Cheers

Eserim

6 REPLIES 6
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: 550 Invalid Recipient

@Eserim wrote:

One of my PN hosted domains used to have emails diverted by changing the DNS records to MS Outlook.  I have tried to bring it back to PN by changing the setting back to the basic POP3 setting, yet now I get

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain mydomain.co.uk by mx.avasin.plus.net. [212.159.9.200].

The error that the other server returned was:

550 Invalid Recipient myname@domain.co.uk

That suggests you do not have a 'myname' mailbox set up at the Plusnet side.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Eserim
Rising Star

Nope, not that for two reasons - one I have catch all switched on, so all addresses should work and secondly, myname@my_other_two_domains_hoted_atPlusNet.co.uk work.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looking at your account, only two of your three domains are configured to use POP3. Did you revert the change you made?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Eserim
Rising Star

Nope, one genuinely still gets sent elsewhere. Pickle...... Is the one that is failing.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like the mail database entries for the domain are missing. I've corrected this for one of the mailboxes, but the catch all and the other one are still missing from what I can tell. Keep an eye on it and if it's still the same in four hours or so then let me know.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Eserim
Rising Star

Bob - many thanks - as always.  Named accounts are now going through.  Catch-all isn't.  Which is fine for now.