Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

550 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address does not exist

chessdragon136
Interested

550 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address does not exist

Good Evening,

I am an owner of a small business and I am having difficulties sending emails to plusnet users.

The error is below - I have checked my MX, CNAME A and other email records and I cannot see any issue with them. 

I am not a plusnet customer myself, but this issue has me concerned enough for my customers as they are not receiving any order emails, and I have no other means to contact them which comply with GDPR. 

Any assistance is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Steve

My Domain: hardyshobbies.co.uk

Error Message:

BLANKED@care4free.net

host mx-ironport.core.plus.net [212.159.9.200]

SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<management@hardyshobbies.co.uk> SIZE=5625:

550 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address <management@hardyshobbies.co.uk> does not exist

2 REPLIES 2
maidbloke
Hooked

Re: 550 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address does not exist

Your message has been ignored but plus net are aware of this issue as you can see in this long thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Plusnet-Email-servers-giving-random-SMTP-550-errors-for-inbound/...

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,511

Re: 550 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address does not exist

Hi Steve.

Apologies for the delayed response and thanks for reaching out to us here.

Unfortunately as @maidbloke has said it's something we're aware of and working to fix.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused in the interim.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button.
From 31st October 2022, I'll no longer have a regular presence here as I'm moving on to a new role within Plusnet.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team