Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Missing e-mails

FIXED
kjpetrie
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

10 Missing e-mails

Every morning around 3pm my home server sends me 10 diagnostic e-mails from my PN account to my PN account but this morning they did not arrive. Checking the mail logs on the server shows they were accepted by PN (status=200) from 3:01 this morning, but they have still not arrived in my account.

The mail status page shows no open issues. Where could they be?

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: 10 Missing e-mails

What email client are you using to look for them?  Amongst my referred users, I have recently seen...

1. Emails from a couple of days back and a test email just sent were visible, but not a handful of ones received earlier in the day as seen on a different device.  There being no obvious indication of the mail items sort order - after selecting the date received, (most recent first sort order), they were found to be there!
  2. Emails (apparently) not being seen in the client until the day after they were thought to have been received.  This turned out to be caused by the email list being grouped in received periods (Today / Yesterday / last week / Last Month) and the TODAY group being collapsed.  Consequently on the following day, the emails appeared in the not collapsed YESTERDAY group.

Can you see these emails if you look at the mailbox using Webmail?

Have you checked the spam / junk folder(s)?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kjpetrie
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: 10 Missing e-mails

Fix

I have now found the problem. I had edited my filters the day before and accidentally added an "All" selector to one of them. If that filter were processed the mail would always be permanently deleted (even from Trash).

Hopefully, now I have removed that selector things should work normally again.