cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0x800408fc - my Metronet email gets receiving errors in Outlook 2003 on Windows7 - OK on Webmail

dfoss1
Hooked

0x800408fc - my Metronet email gets receiving errors in Outlook 2003 on Windows7 - OK on Webmail

Anyone else getting this? - I had a lengthy screen sharing session with a techie yesterday and he checked out my settings then eventually tried to raise the server from my machine by telnet (I think) and acknowledged the problem was at his end. I have another machine I use as backup and I fired that up and restored it to a date prior to my problems - same problem - The reason I have flagged this up here is he has not raised a ticket on my plusnet account so I cannot see if they are still pursuing this. My Metronet addresses and my plusnet addresses all work seamlessly on webmail - but I cannot currently use my Metronet addresses in Outlook 2003.

Whilst working with me he heard others working on similar queries and suggested I was not alone - he thought it would be about 24hrs to see a fix

2 REPLIES 2
dfoss1
Hooked

Re: 0x800408fc - my Metronet email gets receiving errors in Outlook 2003 on Windows7 - OK on Webmai

OK - seems to be working again now

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: 0x800408fc - my Metronet email gets receiving errors in Outlook 2003 on Windows7 - OK on Webmai

Thanks, will be to do with the changes I made prior to making the post here. I'm still trying to establish the cause...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵