Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walled garden test OK

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Walled garden test OK

I've just successfully gone through the Easy setup.
After reflash / factory reset, opened Firefox 3.0.11 waited about 20 secs and got to the Broadband setup Username / Password prompt screen.  Entered the details and browser opened a new window and showed a clear diagram and message warning that setup was in process.  Took about 6 minutes before it reported success and that I was free to browse.
Odd that the browser still had both windows open, the first window still showing that it was at stage 2 "information needed"  - this could be confusing for a novice user? 
Connected to Router and it seems to have my correct username / password as I can now browse the network.  I'll try powering it off shortly to see if it retains the data.
Checked the WPA key and it is the same as the details that came with the router Cheesy

A couple of other 'oddities':
1)  The wireless light is not lit, though the config screen reports wireless as working.  I'll test this in a minute when I get the lappy connected.
2)   On initial checks after loading the new firmware, it was still showing 'Matt laptop' as being connected?   I guess this just part of the rushed process, but needs to be cleared prior to release?
Maurice
EDIT 20:55.    I've now done the power cycle test and the Router has retained the correct login data;  WPA key is still correct - and the Wireless light is now lit!  See point 1 above.
Now off to test the wireless link.
M

3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

Re: Walled garden test OK

1)  The wireless light is not lit, though the config screen reports wireless as working.  I'll test this in a minute when I get the lappy connected.

Hmm, I've not seen that issue yet. I'm assuming you mean the wireless light next to all the others across the top of the router? I'll give that a test later.
2)  On initial checks after loading the new firmware, it was still showing 'Matt laptop' as being connected?  I guess this just part of the rushed process, but needs to be cleared prior to release?

That won't appear at release, it's simply a side effect of the manual way we've configured the routers for the trial.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Thanks Chris.  But on point 1) did you see my later edit?  After I did a "power cycle" to test that the Router would retain the downloaded data - The wireless light was lit - and Wireless worked OK to my Laptop.
AND the WPA key was correct as on the printed label in  the box - so that little buggette seems to be fixed.  Cheesy
I'll try the Password change when I get home later this evening.
M
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

AND the WPA key was correct as on the printed label in  the box - so that little buggette seems to be fixed.

From my understanding it wasn't actually a bug, but was due to the way we originally used the config.ini file rather than firmware to update the routers.
Yep, just seen your update on the wireless, cheers.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff