cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting router to how it was sent to us

Community Veteran

Resetting router to how it was sent to us

Is it possible for us to reset the router to the exact state we received in it ?.
and then try again to see if we can make that work as planned ?
Would you need to reset the TR069 server config file too ?
6 REPLIES
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Resetting router to how it was sent to us

Hi Mal,
The best way to do that would be to flash it with the firmware linked above (the 7447 DEMO firmware) as this is what the ones we're supplying will be flashed with. That way a factory reset will always take it back to the original config.
We'll not be using the ini file for any of that any more, that's why we had the firmware made.
Community Veteran

Thanks Matt,
OH well - that is what I already did this morning.
Malcolm
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

To be very clear here, this thread only refers to a small number of Usergroup and Staff trialists.
Customers on the trial who have been sent a router to test DO NOT need to 'flash' the firmware.
Pressing the tiny 'factory reset' button (located insode a tiny hole on the back of the router - use a pin and hold) will restore to 'factory condition.

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

To be VERY clear Pete, this forum should only be open to PUG and the limited No. of triallists.  It is in the Usergroup section of the Forum?
Maurice
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

It is only open to PUG and a limited number of trialists, however it's only the routers that PUG and staff had which were configured with the ini file.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Quote from: MauriceC
To be VERY clear Pete, this forum should only be open to PUG and the limited No. of triallists.  It is in the Usergroup section of the Forum?

We've been giving customer trialists access to this forum (at least I hope we have).  My worry is that someone reading this who has the new firmware already is led to believe that flashing is required.
The vast majority of trialists (non-usergroup) have been supplied with routers with the latest firmware.